Spurs 2016/17

Don't see it, if they negotiated £80m for Bale, I can't imagine what they'd be wanting for Alli, he's a good player and will probably be one of England's key players for years to come but I wouldn't pay over £30m-ish for him. Most likely Real bound in a few years.

Alli has 24 goals and 12 assists in 60 premier league games and you wouldn't pay 30m for him? I guess you'd want a fee like 25m for Henderson instead?

So, Spuds look like they'll be playing their home matches at Wembley next season while their ground is being developed. This will give them a massive advantage if they reach any of the cup semi/finals next season. I've not heard anyone raise any objections about this. I'm pretty sure we'd all be pissed off it we meet them in one of the cups at Wembley.
Our record is pretty tripe at Wembley so not sure you'd want to complain mate!

So, Spuds look like they'll be playing their home matches at Wembley next season while their ground is being developed. This will give them a massive advantage if they reach any of the cup semi/finals next season. I've not heard anyone raise any objections about this. I'm pretty sure we'd all be pissed off it we meet them in one of the cups at Wembley.

only real issue is the blatant favours they've been given this season in the league to ensure they make CL next season so there are more big games at Wembley.

Alli has 24 goals and 12 assists in 60 premier league games and you wouldn't pay 30m for him? I guess you'd want a fee like 25m for Henderson instead?
No, because in my opinion there would be better players, more suited to our style than Alli. It's not an insult, just because he's done well and English doesn't automatically make him a £60/£70m player. Even Bale and Ronaldo had to do it consistently to earn that price tag.

No, because in my opinion there would be better players, more suited to our style than Alli. It's not an insult, just because he's done well and English doesn't automatically make him a £60/£70m player. Even Bale and Ronaldo had to do it consistently to earn that price tag.
That's fair enough mate you wouldn't want him at City, but I don't agree he's worth less than 30m quid, but it's all opinion at the end of the day

That's fair enough mate you wouldn't want him at City, but I don't agree he's worth less than 30m quid, but it's all opinion at the end of the day

I'd say he's £40/50m at the moment. Needs to single-handedly win game after game/keep you in contention like Bale did for him to be worth that dosh.

I'd say he's £40/50m at the moment. Needs to single-handedly win game after game/keep you in contention like Bale did for him to be worth that dosh.
Yep definitely not worth silly money but over 30m, but then again most English players are close to that fee if they're under 27 years old

Alli's nowhere near a £60-70m player yet - even in such an obscenely distorted market as this - but he has the potential to be worth that and more eventually.

All of which is fairly meaningless, really. All that matters is that he is on a long contract at Spurs and that they have no desire to sell. Consequently, even a bid of £80m wouldn't land him.

If we seriously wanted to sign Alli from Spurs this summer i imagine it would take a 60mil + bid to get him. Not saying id want us to pay that, but thats the reality of buying the best English talent.

Alli's nowhere near a £60-70m player yet - even in such an obscenely distorted market as this - but he has the potential to be worth that and more eventually.

All of which is fairly meaningless, really. All that matters is that he is on a long contract at Spurs and that they have no desire to sell. Consequently, even a bid of £80m wouldn't land him.
Money talks. And he is a £60m player already, that is the reality of what the best English players cost. Do you think John Stones was a £47m player? Yes, for the same reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.