Spurs 2016/17

Oh aye, the Mahrez and Vardy show, the fagin looking so and so. My bad, yeah i also attributed his top scoring to the season before as well. It may be as @super_city_si says duping me to as i remember summat about not many goals so it will be the beginning only then, my sweeping slap dash accusations of being a shit **** have no place on such a fine forum :-D

Well now your problem is if he does well again utd will come sniffing almost like clockwork whenever one of your players that Real does not want does well. In fact if i were you i would hold a healthy distaste for them, not as bad as arse but maybe a frowny face when you hear their name hehe.
Yep he went under the radar last season. Too much focus on the PED lot lol. They will probably
be sniffing again but dont think Levy will budge anymore to English clubs unlesss a ridiculous offer comes in

My thought exactly. Why both of them?

No clue mate. It makes no sense to me at all. Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and Sissoko all pretty much play similar to me. Sissoko and Dembele are better at dribbling with the ball than the other two but i alaays think these are deep lying midfielders. One thing is for sure we can play two strong teams of eleven and there isnt an awful lot in it

No clue mate. It makes no sense to me at all. Dier, Wanyama, Dembele and Sissoko all pretty much play similar to me. Sissoko and Dembele are better at dribbling with the ball than the other two but i alaays think these are deep lying midfielders. One thing is for sure we can play two strong teams of eleven and there isnt an awful lot in it

Well...I would think that Sissoko could run at a defense better than the other three, Wanyama can get in the box better than the others, Dembele can control the pace of a game, and Dier is highly proficient at sitting in front of the back four breaking up attacks but transitioning the ball up the pitch for a quick counter is not his strong suit. That said, I think we paid too much for Sissoko, but, hell, it's not my money and if we want to build a squad to compete on multiple fronts this season, maybe that's the best option that we had. Certainly we started to look a bit threadbare towards the end of last year and I think Wanyama, Sissoko, Pau, and N'Koudou give us options at both ends of the pitch in midfield.

Will they all be great signings? Unlikely, but all of the top teams stockpile, and if we want to sit at the grown-ups table for long, we've got to do the same. It's not like Levy has a history of overpaying for duds (we're going to conveniently forget about the Soldado "experiment", er, disaster), so I'll trust him on this one. I'm not saying that we are worldbeaters with any of these new signings, but our first 11 last year was pretty damn effective and these new signings--along with Janssen--seem to give us cover all over the pitch. We didn't sign any new defenders, but we were pretty much 2-deep across the back anyway.

Very underwhelmed with that signing, decent player on his day but a huge fee and he rarely scores or assists. Not sure why we bought Sissoko when it feels like Wanyama does the exact same thing

Not so sure about him as I haven't really looked out for him. I guess that it would be difficult to judge his Newcastle disays as he was surrounded by dross.

Not so sure about him as I haven't really looked out for him. I guess that it would be difficult to judge his Newcastle disays as he was surrounded by dross.
He's good at carrying the ball 10-15 yards up the pitch with a dribble but he's nothing special really, could be very useful with the right players around him.

I think this is Spurs' most obvious "we don't want you to have him" signing for a while.

I think this is Spurs' most obvious "we don't want you to have him" signing for a while.

Could be. Or it could be that he wasn't even on our radar until late in the window, and we saw a place for him. I mean, you could say that the Willian/Chelsea signing from under our noses was the same sort of circumstance, and he has turned out to be quite a good addition for them.

Well...I would think that Sissoko could run at a defense better than the other three, Wanyama can get in the box better than the others, Dembele can control the pace of a game, and Dier is highly proficient at sitting in front of the back four breaking up attacks but transitioning the ball up the pitch for a quick counter is not his strong suit. That said, I think we paid too much for Sissoko, but, hell, it's not my money and if we want to build a squad to compete on multiple fronts this season, maybe that's the best option that we had. Certainly we started to look a bit threadbare towards the end of last year and I think Wanyama, Sissoko, Pau, and N'Koudou give us options at both ends of the pitch in midfield.

Will they all be great signings? Unlikely, but all of the top teams stockpile, and if we want to sit at the grown-ups table for long, we've got to do the same. It's not like Levy has a history of overpaying for duds (we're going to conveniently forget about the Soldado "experiment", er, disaster), so I'll trust him on this one. I'm not saying that we are worldbeaters with any of these new signings, but our first 11 last year was pretty damn effective and these new signings--along with Janssen--seem to give us cover all over the pitch. We didn't sign any new defenders, but we were pretty much 2-deep across the back anyway.

I agree with what you have said, it's more we have strengthed our squad rather than improve the first team. As long as we have the attacking front four I think we are always good. Yep our defence is fine, even if we lose a centre back Wimmer can easily come in or even Dier can play centre back. We are loaded with full backs too

I think when they were doing well under Pardew he was excellent, but I'm sure they had the likes of Tiote, Cabaye in midfield too and the likes of Remy and Cisse up front. Whenever we've done a huge fee they've pretty much failed, a bit like Rebrov, Soldado and Paulinho. The only huge fee who's done well at Spurs is Lamela, he gets better every time I see him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.