Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not according to Sky. They have been told to flag. Tyler made the point ten times last night.

And imo if the Chelsea line is correct, it's a bog standard offside.
Tyler is wrong, as per usual. They have to let play develop as they can't amend an offside once it's given. Once the flag goes up the play stops.
In your opinion, if the Chelsea line is correct, using an unaided picture taken from the stand by a Chelsea staff member, who then drew his own line.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

‘Offside position
It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent’

Even from the angle Sky showed, if a player is leaning forward & his foot is in the same line as the back of an opponent's foot, it's pretty fucking likely his torso is offside.

There is no reason at all, to overrule.

Tyler is wrong, as per usual. They have to let play develop as they can't amend an offside once it's given. Once the flag goes up the play stops.
In your opinion, if the Chelsea line is correct, using an unaided picture taken from the stand by a Chelsea staff member, who then drew his own line.

And the opinion of the former referees chief.

You do know that the linesman flagged, last night & stopped running ?

And the Chelsea line is from their tactical camera.

And the opinion of the former referees chief.

You do know that the linesman flagged, last night & stopped running ?

And the Chelsea line is from their tactical camera.
If they're flagging then they're doing it wrong. What happens in that scenario if Kane is wrongly flagged, the keeper sees the flag and makes no attempt to stop a shot going into the goal? You can't fairly award the goal and a drop ball or spurs free kick doesn't restore the advantage lost from the incorrect offside.

The Chelsea line is from a handheld tablet in the stands, Sarri sends his assistants up with them to get different tactical views on the game.

If they're flagging then they're doing it wrong. What happens in that scenario if Kane is wrongly flagged, the keeper sees the flag and makes no attempt to stop a shot going into the goal? You can't fairly award the goal and a drop ball or spurs free kick doesn't restore the advantage lost from the incorrect offside.

The Chelsea line is from a handheld tablet in the stands, Sarri sends his assistants up with them to get different tactical views on the game.

It's from a better position than the v.a.r. camera, which is utterly impossible.

No point asking me about all the ways v.a r. can fuckup, I could add 1000 more.

As I said, according to Sky, the lino correctly told the ref to stop play. They are still saying that today, so I assume that is the ruling the linos are working under.

Stupid ? Yes.

As is the idea anything but a side on straight line can be used to determine offside.

I was a big proponent of var and I think United and Liverpool being the clubs to block it tells you all you need to know. However, surely it is pretty obvious that for offsides they should have have something like 4 cameras each half so that they can always have an image that's not taken 40m from the defensive line?

I know they're right behind us but I hope they smack the rags on Sunday. Would love another season of United in the Europa League

It's from a better position than the v.a.r. camera, which is utterly impossible.

No point asking me about all the ways v.a r. can fuckup, I could add 1000 more.

As I said, according to Sky, the lino correctly told the ref to stop play. They are still saying that today, so I assume that is the ruling the linos are working under.

Stupid ? Yes.

As is the idea anything but a side on straight line can be used to determine offside.

Maybe it's time for American Football style 1 metre markings the length of the touchlines and at intervals across the pitch every 5 metres.

Maybe it's time for American Football style 1 metre markings the length of the touchlines and at intervals across the pitch every 5 metres.
That doesn’t need to happen, it could be done by hidden sensors, they would give a true grid when required for inspection. It will always be open to a fcuk up, dependent on the clown that is reviewing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.