Spurs 2018/19

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by FantasyIreland, 25 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Tyler is wrong, as per usual. They have to let play develop as they can't amend an offside once it's given. Once the flag goes up the play stops.
    In your opinion, if the Chelsea line is correct, using an unaided picture taken from the stand by a Chelsea staff member, who then drew his own line.

2. Even from the angle Sky showed, if a player is leaning forward & his foot is in the same line as the back of an opponent's foot, it's pretty fucking likely his torso is offside.

There is no reason at all, to overrule.

rnblade and BigOscar like this.
  3. And the opinion of the former referees chief.

You do know that the linesman flagged, last night & stopped running ?

And the Chelsea line is from their tactical camera.

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    If they're flagging then they're doing it wrong. What happens in that scenario if Kane is wrongly flagged, the keeper sees the flag and makes no attempt to stop a shot going into the goal? You can't fairly award the goal and a drop ball or spurs free kick doesn't restore the advantage lost from the incorrect offside.

The Chelsea line is from a handheld tablet in the stands, Sarri sends his assistants up with them to get different tactical views on the game.

5. It's from a better position than the v.a.r. camera, which is utterly impossible.

No point asking me about all the ways v.a r. can fuckup, I could add 1000 more.

As I said, according to Sky, the lino correctly told the ref to stop play. They are still saying that today, so I assume that is the ruling the linos are working under.

Stupid ? Yes.

As is the idea anything but a side on straight line can be used to determine offside.

6. waspish

waspish

Once Var comes in managers should get big fines for even mentioning it before an after games!

7. hcblue95

hcblue95

I was a big proponent of var and I think United and Liverpool being the clubs to block it tells you all you need to know. However, surely it is pretty obvious that for offsides they should have have something like 4 cameras each half so that they can always have an image that's not taken 40m from the defensive line?

8. KCblue

KCblue

I know they're right behind us but I hope they smack the rags on Sunday. Would love another season of United in the Europa League

9. mancity2012_eamo

mancity2012_eamo

Team supported:
    Us.
    Maybe it's time for American Football style 1 metre markings the length of the touchlines and at intervals across the pitch every 5 metres.

10. rnblade

rnblade

That doesn’t need to happen, it could be done by hidden sensors, they would give a true grid when required for inspection. It will always be open to a fcuk up, dependent on the clown that is reviewing it.

squirtyflower likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.