Spurs 2018/19

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by FantasyIreland, 25 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mancity2012_eamo

mancity2012_eamo

Team supported:
    Us.
    Agreed. It doesn't need to happen but it would simplify decisions for the match officials also, not just the VAR operatives.
    It would certainly simplify things at lower league games where cameras would not be as readily deployed, thus making the game more uniform from grass roots up.

2. Marvin

Marvin

Spurs fans: Does the delay have implications for Spurs costs, and do we know what these are yet?

Dembele sale connected? Seems high risk strategy to sell a good player when Spurs are going for the title, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League!

Why wouldn't the player extend his contract given the era club is moving into? Are Spurs not prepared to offer him terms he's seeking? Seems odd he's moving as both would seem to need each other?

3. JimB

JimB

Dembele is towards the end of his career and hugely injury prone. He has a chronic hip problem which has to be carefully managed. He wanted a new 3 or 4 year deal. Spurs felt that they could only offer him an extra year.

On his day, he is unplayable, but those days are becoming rarer. Not to mention that for all his many qualities, he doesn't move the ball quickly - meaning that Spurs' attacks can have a tendency to lose momentum when he is playing.

Don't get me wrong, he's been brilliant for us overall. So I will be very sad to see him go. And yes, I would have thought that he could still have had an important part to play this season. But I also know that all the coaches at Spurs rate Oliver Skipp very highly. And Moussa Sissoko has been a revelation over the past month or two - a completely different player to the one who seemed terrified of (and therefore wholly unfamiliar with) the ball only a month or two ago.

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    This thread has gone miles off track today.

Spurs are ****s.

JimB likes this.
  5. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

Hate Spurs me.

Come on Chelsea.

Not this weekend though, love Spurs this weekend

6. citytilllidie

citytilllidie

So the stadium now not ready until March.

''Mr Levy!'' he shouts, ''Why don't you just say next season and be done with it?''

7. bennyboy

bennyboy

How funny would it be if it was not ready for the start of next season.

8. SuperFamicom

SuperFamicom

Team supported:
    City
    Don't understand why they went for a comparatively small stadium. They could easily average 70k a season if they keep on their current trajectory.

9. meeesh

meeesh

I am still confused about how a lot keep waxing lyrical about the manager,I mean I hear he has done great,and there is no wonder he is linked with other jobs blah,blah,blah.

Like what exactly ? What has he actually won,have I missed something here ?

Used to hear the same shit about the chosen one,and look how that panned out,another who has won fuck all,don't get it me

10. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Who has he actually been linked with as well, bar the rags (who are desperate)? The media in the UK did their best to link him with the Madrid job but not a peep in Spain.

Dave S likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.