Spurs 2018/19

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by FantasyIreland, 25 Jun 2018.

1. meeesh

meeesh

Didn't Barca get mentioned a short while back,and he so called said he couldn't go there from his Espanyol connection,I thought yea OK mate,you wish

2. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Barca got mentioned by the UK media, the Spanish media called Valverde a long way out as the only candidate Barca were interested in.
    Maybe some on fleet street don't realise doing a decent job at spurs (and he has done a decent job) doesn't mean the big 3 in Europe will be fighting tooth and nail for your services.

3. meeesh

meeesh

Agreed

4. @JimB Are you not finding the build up to this weekend being shaped by the media such as Sky as it being about the rags playing against a team who’s manager they want to anoint as their saviour as cringe worthy as we are?

It’s like the rags are using the media to steam roller spurs into letting their manager go, hopefully Poch ain’t daft enough to go where Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho failed. If he does go Levy will be astute enough to make the rags pay through the nose.

5. JimB

JimB

Spurs fans have come to expect it. Football is a food chain of sorts, after all, and Spurs are below the very top level.

For my part, I find it quite amusing because I don't think Poch will leave.

6. waspish

waspish

Agree he is waiting for the City job ;)

7. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    He'd be mad to leave for the rags right now tbf, they might have more money than Spurs but the club is a circus from board room to dressing room and the squad isn't near as good as yours going forward.
    Levy might be a tightarse, but I'd rather work under a competent tightarse than a clown with a chequebook.

TCIB likes this.
  8. waspish

waspish

Rags should just poach Levy then the rest will come for next to nowt ;)

9. jimharri

jimharri

"One of our own"™ out until early-mid march with an ankle ligament injury. SSN saying that he won't return to training until early march. Son away playing in the Asia Cup as well. I guess that rules out Llorente moving this month.

10. BigOscar

BigOscar

Gonna sink like a stone. Wouldn't be surprised if even United overtake them, as finishing 5th in a 3 horse race would be very Spurs