Spurs 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I think we should all be eternally grateful to Spurs now. The saviours of grassroots football right there.

Well, we've all had to be grateful to West Ham all these years for winning the World Cup...

But really, hamfisted sarcasm and huge straw man in one short post? Must do better, mate!

Spurs are paying a lot of money to play at Wembley. Probably more than five times what West Ham pay for use of the Olympic stadium pro rata, and probably four times what City pay for use of the Etihad. As a consequence, the FA receives a windfall that can be recycled into English football - or, more likely, can be put towards paying off its debt.

I don't see what the problem is.
Of course you are, it's not your stadium. Comparing it to City and the COMS is fairly silly, tbh. You're not responsible for the upkeep of the stadium and it's surrounds, you've put none of your own money into making it the stadium it is, you've made no commitment to managing the stadium beyond the short term etc etc.
Since 2003 City's financial commitment to the COMS and surrounding area has been around the £570m mark, as well as handing over the deeds to Maine Road in entirety, so looking at the yearly lease in isolation is a bit disingenuous.

Of course you are, it's not your stadium. Comparing it to City and the COMS is fairly silly, tbh. You're not responsible for the upkeep of the stadium and it's surrounds, you've put none of your own money into making it the stadium it is, you've made no commitment to managing the stadium beyond the short term etc etc.
Since 2003 City's financial commitment to the COMS and surrounding area has been around the £570m mark, as well as handing over the deeds to Maine Road in entirety, so looking at the yearly lease in isolation is a bit disingenuous.

I wasn't having a pop at City. Wasn't even having a pop at West Ham.

I was just emphasising the point that Spurs are paying a huge amount to play at Wembley.

I wasn't having a pop at City. Wasn't even having a pop at West Ham.

I was just emphasising the point that Spurs are paying a huge amount to play at Wembley.
No, you're not. You're paying a standard amount for a short term lease. You don't insure the stadium, you don't pay any of the utility bills, you don't pay the staff, you don't pay the council rates or the property tax, you don't pay wear and tear. You didn't build, renovate or convert it. You're paying a fee per event to use it as a venue, not a lease, with all the associated costs.

No, you're not. You're paying a standard amount for a short term lease. You don't insure the stadium, you don't pay any of the utility bills, you don't pay the staff, you don't pay the council rates or the property tax, you don't pay wear and tear. You didn't build, renovate or convert it. You're paying a fee per event to use it as a venue, not a lease, with all the associated costs.

West Ham don't pay for any of that either!

But you misunderstand me. I'm not complaining about paying a huge amount. I'm not saying it's unfair. I'm simply saying, in response to those who say that Spurs shouldn't be able to use Wembley or should have capacity capped at 36K, that we are paying handsomely for it and the FA is benefiting from the arrangement. So I don't see why people are complaining about it.

West Ham don't pay for any of that either!

But you misunderstand me. I'm not complaining about paying a huge amount. I'm not saying it's unfair. I'm simply saying, in response to those who say that Spurs shouldn't be able to use Wembley or should have capacity capped at 36K, that we are paying handsomely for it and the FA is benefiting from the arrangement. So I don't see why people are complaining about it.
I don't give a shit what West Ham pay tbh, that's between them and their landlord.

I don't give a shit what they set your capacity at either or that you're using Wembley, but you should be using it for 19 home games if 1, as stated in the League rules.

You're the one that tried to compare our lease payment in isolation with the event fee you pay to use Wembley.

I don't give a shit what West Ham pay tbh, that's between them and their landlord.

I don't give a shit what they set your capacity at either or that you're using Wembley, but you should be using it for 19 home games if 1, as stated in the League rules.

You're the one that tried to compare our lease payment in isolation with the event fee you pay to use Wembley.

Merely by way of illustrating that no one could claim that Spurs aren't paying adequately for what they are getting.

Merely by way of illustrating that no one could claim that Spurs aren't paying adequately for what they are getting.
Yet what we pay for and what you pay for are completely different. Invalid in comparison.
You're staying in a holiday villa for 2 weeks on an all inclusive deal, I'm paying a mortgage, bills, property tax, repairs...

You need to go and do a bit of research into what an operating lease means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.