Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

Do you know what it is mate. It's the fuckin constant abuse you keep giving the players on the threads. Yes I'm aware you can say anything you like and folk can get fucked, I guess most posters think this set of players have a hell of a lot of brownie points stored and just dont like reading the bile and vitriol thrown their way.

Put him in that dressing room where Pep has just left and those players would have felt like there world just ended. He’d have been slagging them off left right and centre telling them all how fucking shit they were.

Instead what actually happened is pep told them all how brilliant they were and how they didn’t deserve that defeat. He would have told them they need to take those chances, but at the same time made them feel like a million dollars for the 99% of things they did right in that game today. He would have reunited them all and kept their fucking chins off the floor.

Not the dinosaur, Sam fucking Allardyce, boring British way of managing footballers.

We were excellent today and were on Wednesday and he would have told them exactly that. Not bail out at the first hurdle because the 1% we got wrong happened to be what hurt us.

That’s what good managers do.

We battered them but couldn’t finish our chances.

I’m not too bothered as we can’t win the league or be as successful every year. We really do need to start playing foden though. It doesn’t make any sense why he isn’t playing now

It’s a bizarre situation we currently find ourselves in because I can count on one hand the number of times we’ve been poor this season.

United at home, Liverpool away and maybe Norwich away are three matches where the opposition deserved the points against us, and the Norwich game was down to our piss poor defence on the day.

That said, it’s even more worrying that we are playing so well and still not winning games. 9 times out of 10 a team who has close to 30 shots and 65% possession and limits the opposition to just 3 shots will win the game. Yet there has been at least 5 occasions where that has happened to us this season and we haven’t won.

There is a soft underbelly to the side which almost gives up now. The past 2 seasons we were clinical and would often score in the first 15 mins and last 15 mins of games, that doesn’t seem to happen now and we’re at Bravo first season levels of conceding from every chance we face.

I feel sorry for Pep. The way he set the team up allowed us to dominate against Spurs away - not his fault that the entire team seem unable to finish at the moment. Thought Zinc was doing well before the red - what was his first yellow for?
Also thought Ndombele looked good in his cameo appearance - he was driving forward and played some good passes - think he might have been a better on than Rhodri - certainly more dynamic.

First yellow was for running half the length of the pitch to get involved in the brawl that ensued after the penalty miss when Sterling went to ground.

Anyone worried Villa could turn us over in the final if we cant score all these chances were creating?

So you’re now going back on your “whole board” claim. Good.

Your idea that handling a loss means that you can’t criticise anyone or anything and you just pretend to yourself that continually playing someone who has lost all ability will be fine is sad, it’s what a 10 year old with an overactive imagination would do.

“Stinking the place out” is a very common term in football, used by fans, for someone who’s comfortably been the worst player for a period of time.

The soft bastard is you, for being so upset with people criticising players on an Internet forum.

Sick to the fucking teeth of your nonsensical,bullshitting slagging off of our club and our players.

Every fucker can see it and I dont back track on absolutely nothing I have said. I stand by every single word, you rag twat.

I'd like to see our keeper make more than one save per game...
It’s all well and good everyone ooing and aghing when Ederson pings a 70 yard pass or threads a ball through the eye of a needle to pick out a midfielder but his first job is to stop the ball going in the net. Having one GK unable to save anything could be called careless but having two is a dereliction of duty. If you’re Ederson, Fernandinho, Sterling, Rodri, Mahrez(albeit recently) or KDB, it seems you’re undroppable. In Eddies case, he’s only got Bravo behind him, so he doesn’t have any incentive to do any better, which can’t be good.
Bernie has a couple of off games then comes back playing as well as ever so he’s dropped. Garcia looks like a proper defender, plays and helps keep a clean sheet and he disappears quicker than Giggs when his brother gets home early. Stones makes a mistake or two and boom, he’s gone. If Southgate was treating him like that, there’d be a petition on here!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.