Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

It's the pressure. Liverpool are performing week in, week out. Even when playing not that great, they find a way to win. This relentless pressure has been mounting week after week and, I believe, is affecting the performance of those chasing. If Liverpool had a lost a few games the top 4 would look a LOT tighter.

Once again we have been our own worst enemies; Spurs weren't even in the game till the sending off and even then it took a world class finish and a deflection to score. The defence looked fairly solid and at least we are creating chances, we just need to be more clinical and stop trying to walk the ball in all the time

Leave the civil warfare out.

We played very well up to a point. VAR was sh't again, however can't blame that for missing umpteenth chances which has become a trend. It's not good enough to say it was a crazy game, and one of those nights because poor finishing has become a trend. That was a game we should have won very easily. As was Man Utd in midweek.

The obvious thing is to look at our forwards:

Aguero,Mahrez and Sterling. Sterling has gone to pieces since the Anfield game. He needs to get a grip. Mahrez is playing very well but he doesn't score many goals. Aguero is scoring but I get the feeling that he should be scoring a lot more.

I'd bring jesus in. Should have happened a while ago. He is hungry and an excellent finisher.

This might do us a favour as the league has gone anyway and it will make us hungry, and question ourselves.

As a club I would really like City to sort Pep's contract out. he wants to leave it to the end of the season, but I think we'd benefit from extending it now if he will do that.

I hope he stays.

For a million reasons

How did we lose that game? How?
Even with our crap defence we should have scored 5.
But when it keeps happening you start to wonder.

KDB is a little bit short of where he was in terms of running power. Bernardo is the only player outside the forwards who you could expect to score and he can't play every game.

Salah, Mane and Firmino are light years ahead of our forwards in terms of efficiency.

I agree about Rodri providing no protection whatsoever to the defence. He also provides nothing going forward either. He is like a poor mans Javi Garcia or Fernando.
I’m genuinely starting to think part of the problem is that Rodri offers no protection. His lack of mobility is a real issue if the ball is knocked past him he can’t recover. Look at Son’s goal he gets skinned.

Weird game.
Deserved better but missed chances cost us again.
Main gripe the White Hart Lane experience
Joke getting in then that putting wallet and phone in the tray nonsense.
Then watching a game on the big screen mostly.
You would think all that money would get you a decent view.

Did pep just say he was talking to his wife as to why he wasn’t ready for sky interview ?

if he did I’m not having that. Surely he was rollocking all those players.

It’s beginning to look a bit sad.
Pep looks so down. He deserves much more from his players.

quality is just not in the squad anymore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.