Spurs (A) Post Match Thread

Tottenham have taken five shots [both on and off target] against Manchester City this season. They have scored four goals.

Manchester City have had 45 shots against Tottenham this season, scoring two goals.

Shocking

Post of the day.

I was relieved he went off. I’m not happy he’s injured.

Many City fans felt the same.

He’s stank the place out for months and the manager refuses to not play him.
You’re being unfair to Sterling there.

Our finishing is shite
Manchester City first team in a European major league to score 100 goals
Staggering
65 in the league and 23 came in 4 games. Finishing was shite today and last Wednesday. First time we've failed to score in succesive games since 2016.

Make your mind up. You've gone from quality to fitness.

There's plenty of quality in our squad. That was still evident today where we did everything but put the ball in the net. All kinds went wrong today including a sending off, missing a penalty and good players passing up easy chances.

all the issues you point out are not one offs. I disagree we look very unfit / slow. Spurs are shocking but beat us, Utd are shocking but beat us. The quality is not there. The team looks so un balanced.

our big test will be Madrid then we can really assess our quality

Need Ferni back in the midfield, I think IG is doing okay, but Rodri in midfield. It's his first season, but his pace is something that worries me.

I realise that Ferni is finished in midfield, I'd look to find a player with dynamism next season and a keeper who can make some saves and at least CB.

Why would we sell a world class winger when we're already losing one against our will?

He's in bad form. Newsflash: everyone is.

You would think people would have learned not to doubt him by now.

Pep himself says his style only has shelf life of about 4 years.

That players suffer burn out.

Football success comes in Cycles.Over the last few years we have had success beyond our wildest dreams.We have had the pleasure of lifting the Premier League 3 times,Lots of domestic Cups.

Sadly our Cycle with this squad is coming to an end.The spine of our side has got old and is moving on.

Shit signings, and terrible planning by Tixi means Liverpool are likely to dominate for at least the next 3,4, years.

It wont be popular on here.But it is time for us to start again.We face an inevitable period of transition,where hopefully we can consistently consolidate a top 4 finish during the rebuild and become a serious force once again.

Pep only wanting to be around for an extra 12 months of a rebuilding Job that will likely take 2,3, seasons is not going to cut it with the Higher Ups.

I personally think Pep is done at our Club and will be gone the end of this season.He has done his 3,4 year Club cycle.He likely feel he has achieved all he can anyway.

Life goes on though.For me it will be thanks for the memories.Thanks for giving me 2 amazing seasons of unprecedented success.Never in my wildest dreams did i ever expect to see such success at my Club.

Nothing lasts forever.

Liverpool moment is now.

Tomorrow will be ours again.

Part of the reason the Rags have been shit for ages is because they’ve gone easy, until the last two weeks, on the managers and board.

They’ve only just woken up and realised that giving Woodward, Solskjaer and the players an easy ride means they’ll accept mediocrity.

I’m not saying we should behave like Madrid fans but we should hold the club, manager and players to account.

For example I don’t think Pep will have another go at attendances again, we’ve not accepted his comments and he’s apologised.

We need to maintain high standards and keep winning and the fans play an important part.

The happy clappers are detrimental, not us.
Depends on how the criticism is structured as to wherever it’s fair or not.
Half the posters calling him out do so in such a shite manner that it deserves rebuttal.
The thought that we could still finish the season with a couple of trophies yet still have many being unhappy shows where we are at the moment.
The reason expectations are so high is down to Pep and what he’s achieved over the last couple of years.
I’m not ready to throw him under a bus just yet.
If that makes me a happy clapper ( an absolute shite phrase that people use by the way considering our recent success) then so be it.

How though? Other than resigning your post, what in reality does ‘taking responsibility’ meaningfully consist of?

Playing people in their correct positions, giving Foden more game time, not giving players a rest when their clearly out of form, not replacing kompany the list goes on

Tottenham have taken five shots [both on and off target] against Manchester City this season. They have scored four goals.

Manchester City have had 45 shots against Tottenham this season, scoring two goals.

Shocking

How often would we see that stat in another environment? Say Tottenham and Everton?

We are the common denominator and it is frankly inexplicable.

In both boxes the stats are truly remarkable.

I have no answer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.