Spurs (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate it when we play a club who have just made new signings, always gives them a boost. Can see us losing this 2-0 unless we play our strongest team which Pep never seems to do.

Ederson, Walker, Zinchenko, Fernandinho?, Laporte?, Rodri, De Bruyne, B.Silva, Mahrez, Jesus, Aguero.

Subs: Bravo, Cancelo, Otamendi, Gundogan, Foden, D.Silva, Sterling.
Never seems to play the best team = doesn't play who I would like is what you mean I suspect

Never seems to play the best team = doesn't play who I would like is what you mean I suspect
I get the impression that the frequent team changes we have seen recently are at least partly because Pep is trying desperately to find the optimum defensive formation and selection for the trip to Madrid.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re back to the the no striker system on Sunday. Although much will depend on the fitness of Laporte, Fernandinho and Mendy

I get the impression that the frequent team changes we have seen recently are at least partly because Pep is trying desperately to find the optimum defensive formation and selection for the trip to Madrid.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re back to the the no striker system on Sunday. Although much will depend on the fitness of Laporte, Fernandinho and Mendy
Hope Mendy is over his muscle fatigue ffs. These players wouldn't have coped if they were around in the 70's, when they feel like a break these days they get one. In Laporte and Sane's case no questions asked but with Mendy I'm really not sure he's fully committed to the cause.

Hope Mendy is over his muscle fatigue ffs. These players wouldn't have coped if they were around in the 70's, when they feel like a break these days they get one. In Laporte and Sane's case no questions asked but with Mendy I'm really not sure he's fully committed to the cause.
I read somewhere that when the season started Mendy still couldn’t fully bend his knee. So he’s missed the best part of two seasons, two preseasons and must have been well short of full fitness in August. This was always going to be a work in progress season for Mendy and it can’t be easy getting the balance right between playing him enough to get him fully match fit and not risking aggravating his injury.

I read somewhere that when the season started Mendy still couldn’t fully bend his knee. So he’s missed the best part of two seasons, two preseasons and must have been well short of full fitness in August. This was always going to be a work in progress season for Mendy and it can’t be easy getting the balance right between playing him enough to get him fully match fit and not risking aggravating his injury.
The guy busted his guts ALL summer to get his fitness.

After 2 very serious, career threatening injuries, give the guy a break at least to the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.