Spurs (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not, but for missing some easy chances it was another pep creation, don't forget they did fuck all in attack. Anyway, spurs away, laporte, fern edersona back, now we will start to see a settled team.

Just seen a flying pig.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a return of 343 implemented from a month or so ago. Everytime we used in the right way i thought it was very good.

What is the right way? Basically NOT forcing mahrez out wide and using a right wing back in Cancelo there. It also means I dont want to see Sterling or Bernardo Silva wide left either like against United.

---Jesus---Aguero---Mahrez
Mendy---Gundog---Kevin---Cancelo
---Laporte---Dinho---Rodri

Probably our best formation to get our best players on the pitch.

Zinchenko: Can play laporte or gundogans spot
Angelino: Can replace Mendy
Walker: Can replace Rodri or Cancelo
Bernardo: Can replace midfield 2 or either winger
Foden: Can replace Jesus or Mahrez
Eric, Otamendi, Stones: Any CB spot
David: Probably just Kevin's spot, dont think this formation is best for him but that's okay

Even with players missing I'd prefer us play like this with players slotting in the right slot and not forcing Cancelo as LCB or Sterling and Mahrez in really wide roles which aren't there strengths.

This gives us 6 defensive subs for 5 spots (quite good) and 3 offensive subs (Foden, Bernardo and David) in 4 spots.

With David leaving that leaves 2 (also probably losing Sane) so someone like Grealish, Sancho or even faster like Werner would be great.

Last edited:
Ederson

Walker Otamendi Garcia Zinchenko

Rodri

Mahrez KDB B.Silva Sterling

Aguero

That's if Dinho, Laporte & Mendy don't make it which will be a shame.

Spurs are gash but guarantee they won't be missing open nets and shit against us.

SON will try and exploit Zinch as he knows KW has him for pace. Sterling doesn’t deserve a place imo, either Gabby or Foden or (Gundogan because he did have a decent game v Rags)

Pep will not be risking Dinho or Laporte because the league is well gone ,but the top three is well within reach although i don't want the Dippers clinching the title in February which at the current rate of results is a distinct possibilty .Spuds away is never a gimme especially when they get a minimum of one VAR goal changing decision every time they play us. Perhaps the VAR/Dippers adjudicators will throw us a crumb for once against the most under achieving "big six"club in football history.

Preferred line up for me
Ederson
Walker 'Dinho Laporte (If fit, if not Garcia) Cancelo - Feel like Mendy could be a liability in this game, that is if he is even fit!
Rodri
KDB Bernardo
Mahrez Aguero Jesus - Maybe being dropped to the bench will help motivate Raz to find his form

Subs - Bravo, Garcia (If Laporte not fit, Stones), Mendy, Gundo', David Silva, Foden, Sterling

Really think we should avoid Otamendi & Stones where possible, would much rather trust in Garcia as the back up CB. I'd even be tempted to call back Adarabioyo who apparently is on decent form at Blackburn.

Would love to see a higher intensity in our play and a bit more urgency. United game was painful watching us keep possession for the sake of it, even when we were 6 yards from the goal. Going for a 2-0 win. COME ON CITY

Our premier league games already have that end of season nothing to play for feel, and it’s only February which is silly. Call me crazy but I would love to see players on Sunday playing in their normal positions. Ederson; Walker Otamendi Laporte (Garcia if not fit) Zinchenko; Rodri, Bernardo KDB; Jesus Mahrez Aguero
If Laporte is fit, would you not rather have Garcia over Otamendi? Feel like Otamendi has been decent in a back 3, but just been such a liability in a 2. Although, you would hope that if anyone can help him step up his game, it would be Laporte!

I won't be shocked if Sterling starts again, he clearly wants him to catch some form before Real Madrid. I just can't see it at the moment, he needs minutes off the bench when the teams doing well IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.