Spurs challenge 2012 stadium decision

Blue Smarties said:
samharris said:
Erm....what team are currently romping league one 13 points ahead with a game in hand ?? said team have survived with 7,000 crowds for the last 8 years... Try telling Brighton and Hove albion fans that having an athletics stadium has been an abject failure...

;)
They're moving though...

Didnt know that.. ;)

The 'athletics legacy' is best seved by updating and redevoloping the existing facilities at Crystal Palace, which Spurs have agreed to fund as part of their proposal.

There is no possible use for a 60,000-seater athletics stadium after the Games are over and a 60,000-seater athletics stadium is a wholly inappropriate venue to hold football matches.

THFC6061 said:
The 'athletics legacy' is best seved by updating and redevoloping the existing facilities at Crystal Palace, which Spurs have agreed to fund as part of their proposal.

There is no possible use for a 60,000-seater athletics stadium after the Games are over and a 60,000-seater athletics stadium is a wholly inappropriate venue to hold football matches.

This is a pointless argument with you because you a re a spurs fan and if i was you i would feel the same but that doesnt mean the tax payer should pay so you can have free land. Crystal Palace is no legacy mate i live in Crystal Palace its fucking out the way with no good transport links direct to it and is mainly used as a training facility

THFC6061 said:

Ahh but there is an intention of hosting the World Athletics Championships as well so that another part of you argument chipped away at ;-)

THFC6061 said:

Crystal Palace is not a suitable location.

You appear to support the move to Stratford. All the ST holders I know are from North London and each one is dead set against the move. It's those from Herts and Essex who support the move. Maybe they are more concerned about parking and public transport facilities, than the history and tradition of the club. The 'T' in 'THFC' means something to proper fans.

If you move outside North London your club will be nothing more than a franchise in my eyes. The lowest of the low. Pondlife, like MK Dons.

fbloke said:
THFC6061 said:

Ahh but there is an intention of hosting the World Athletics Championships as well so that another part of you argument chipped away at ;-)

I stand corrected.

Another potential 10 days in the 80-year life of the stadium will obviously make a massive difference.

THFC6061 said:

Talk sense, if you honestly believe the poor argument of a legacy at crystal palace you are deluded. At least city redeveloped a stadium and this was included in the design. To suggest knocking down a stadium which as just been built for your own self interest is stupid. Even if the stadium is half empty the majority of the time it is better than the spurs option.

THFC6061 said:
fbloke said:

I stand corrected.

Another potential 10 days in the 80-year life of the stadium will obviously make a massive difference.

Yes it another 10 potential days on top of the other days it would be used by West Ham rather than Spurs knock it down 2 years into its life span

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.