Spurs fans...

moomba said:
spurspinter1 said:
How is it not? A tournament of a similar layout to the Champions league in which Academy teams play each other in group stages and go on to knockout stages, with Europe's finest acadamys involved. To say it has no indication of the quality of an academy is like saying the champions league has no indication on the quality of a team's 1st team squad.

The aim of an academy is to develop players for your senior team.

The aim of the senior team is to win things.

Your two examples couldn't be less alike, and if we lose every game in the NextGen series and have two or three players break in to the senior team we've done better than a club that wins the whole thing, but doesn't produce any senior players from it.

I wasn't trying to say the two examples were equal in importance, although it probably did sound that way, for which I apologise. I do think it is important to install a winning mentality in youngsters but as LoveCity said, winning youth competitions doesn't necessarily mean the players are gauranteed successful professional careers in football but I do think it helps. I was interested in what happened to Ibrahim as he did look a very good prospect...

gaudinho's stolen car said:
Why do Tottenham think they are the 1970 World Cup Brazil side just because they beat QPR at home? That van der Vaart can shut the fuck up, he's got the biggest ego in the Premier League!

Van der Vaart is Tottenham's most lethal goalscorer by strike-rate in the Premier League Era...

7677.jpg

...and he's not really a striker in the strict sense of the term.

THFC6061 said:
Why do Tottenham think they are the 1970 World Cup Brazil side just because they beat QPR at home? That van der Vaart can shut the fuck up, he's got the biggest ego in the Premier League!

Van der Vaart is Tottenham's most lethal goalscorer by strike-rate in the Premier League Era...

7677.jpg

Those stats can be read in anyway. The lower the games played the easier it is to get a high rate. Those tables can only be a fair judge when you've played 80+ games for a club

THFC6061 said:

36 Appearences though..

Aguero has 9 goals in 8 league games.. A strike every 0.88 matches, yet it would be unfair to class him as the clubs most prolific since he's only played a handful of games.

Maybe he should concentrate on getting that "Apps" column up rather than being a busy ****. Ooooh, has he played for Real Madrid?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/31/manchester-city-rafael-van-der-vaart?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... ootball%29</a>

Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart believes the wheels could come off Manchester City's title bid because of too many "egos" within the squad.

The Dutchman scored in Sunday's 3-1 home win over Queens Park Rangers, a victory that moved Spurs up to fifth in the Premier League, nine points behind the leaders.

"Manchester City look like they're the best team in the league but below them you have a lot of good teams and we are one of those teams," Van der Vaart said. "They're winning games easily and how they played against Manchester United [in the 6-1 derby win] was impressive but they also have the difficulty of a lot of egos, so that could be a problem.

"I was at Real Madrid and that's the problem when you have too many big stars. When you play for a top team and they buy a lot of good players, a lot of other players aren't happy. You look at Emmanuel Adebayor, a great player for us, but at City he was training with the youngsters. He is a great player and he was not even training with the first team."

Van der Vaart is also confident that Spurs will finish above Arsenal in the table and has told their north London rivals not to get carried away with Saturday's frenzied 5-3 victory at Chelsea. Arsenal have now won eight of their last nine games as their recovery from a dismal start to the season gathers pace.

"I believe we're better," he said. "Yes, they're on a good run, but so are we: six wins and a draw from our last seven league games. It's a long season still but I think we have a better squad, a bigger squad. This club want to be in the top four."

Manchester_City_Blue said:
Those stats can be read in anyway. The lower the games played the easier it is to get a high rate. Those tables can only be a fair judge when you've played 80+ games for a club

I agree up to a point, but these days there's not too many players who are with the same club for three seasons or more.

With the headline, I though maybe the 1st sentance was going to be
"all dress like a pikey version of Chas & Dave, rabbit, rabbit, gertcha !"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.