Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

Watching the Laporte one back again, ok, it’s handball, but his arm wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t being GRABBED/PULLED by the defender, so therefore VAR should have either awarded a penalty or advantage.

The takedown of Rodri is just mind blowing. The cünt was looking right at it and bottled it, VAR should have made him look at a monitor, yet he booked Sterling 30 seconds later for the same thing.
And people say there’s no agenda??

According to the sage that is Neil Ashton in today's Sun, Spurs deserved their point for their resilience and never say die.

Obviously choosing to overlook the 30 missed chances and VAR decisions.

Apparently, it underlined Spurs' title challenger credentials.

I thought they were average at best and won't finish within 15 points of us.
And ignore sir harry stayed at home again,a title contender shouldn't be playing like a small team

According to the sage that is Neil Ashton in today's Sun, Spurs deserved their point for their resilience and never say die.

Obviously choosing to overlook the 30 missed chances and VAR decisions.

Apparently, it underlined Spurs' title challenger credentials.

I thought they were average at best and won't finish within 15 points of us.

I thought spurs were poor as well but they were missing Son who adds an awful lot to them...but i agree we absolutely battered them off the park...lapses in defense and poor finishing/final ball let us down as well as a what i belive was a stone wall penalty being denied.

I’m still fucking livid about yesterday. The more I think about it the more wound up I get.

As a lot have said on here I can live with the handball decision although I don’t agree with the ruling. They are trying to make something black and white which it often isn’t. What has ruined it for me is that it appears that we are using VAR to see if there is any reason at all why a goal should be disallowed. It’s being used in a negative way.

Worst of all we have taken all the joy out of scoring late winners. No one could see that hand ball in real time - I couldn’t really see a lot wrong when they slowed it down so I saw no reason not to celebrate. The Aguero moment has gone forever and to me as a fan that’s a massive loss against the advantage of getting the so called “right decision”. It’s only when the Rags or the Dippers are on the receiving end of one of these decisions that people will take notice - if it ever happens.

Watching the Laporte one back again, ok, it’s handball, but his arm wouldn’t be there if it wasn’t being GRABBED/PULLED by the defender, so therefore VAR should have either awarded a penalty or advantage.

The takedown of Rodri is just mind blowing. The cünt was looking right at it and bottled it, VAR should have made him look at a monitor, yet he booked Sterling 30 seconds later for the same thing.
And people say there’s no agenda??

according to some on here the ref wasnt looking at the incident between rodri and lamela...ive not seen the angle of the replay where you can see the ref and what he is doing when it happens to form an opinion

IF he did miss it as you say then yes.....but i think it was reviewed by VAR and Oliver indicated this in his conversation to the city player(s) who was speaking to him just after the incident....he pointed to his ear shaking his head - now i interprited that at the time as he had had the word that it wasnt a penalty - others have interprited it as he was saying it hadnt been reviewed - whats the facts of the matter I dont know.....

where was the linesman in all of this...surely he would have had a view on it as he should have been stood near to the corner flag and as the incident happened at the front post he should have had a view....he cleary didnt think it was a penalty either as he would have flagged surely.....so thats the lino who should have seen it, the ref you say was looking the other way but then VAR on reviewing it also thought that it wasnt.

Just to make it clear again, I think it was a penalty and that was without the aid of a replay and in real time and nothing ive seen since has made me think that it wasnt a penalty - but thats irrelevant.
Forget var,it was a penalty in old money as well,he still has to ref the game,he is a bottler has been for years,he booked raz for doing the same outside of the box,so there is no excuse for not giving a foul in the box,if var did say no pen then he needs fucking sacking,the sooner you get that twice in a week we have got shafted the better,the first time salad gets thrown to the floor he wil get a pen

according to some on here the ref wasnt looking at the incident between rodri and lamela...ive not seen the angle of the replay where you can see the ref and what he is doing when it happens to form an opinion
If he wasn’t looking that makes it easier for him. All he has to say to the VAR team he didn’t see it. They’ll then give it and he can tell the spurs players “don’t blame me VAR gave it”

Forget var,it was a penalty in old money as well,he still has to ref the game,he is a bottler has been for years,he booked raz for doing the same outside of the box,so there is no excuse for not giving a foul in the box,if var did say no pen then he needs fucking sacking,the sooner you get that twice in a week we have got shafted the better,the first time salad gets thrown to the floor he wil get a pen

Ive already said a lot of times that I believe it was a penalty for the challenge by Lamela on Rodri

what you need to get is that all teh bitchin and moaning aint going to change anything and nothing is going to change this season so you and others are going to have to get use to the new rules and VAR...

mistakes by refs (or corruption as Im sure you will see it) has always been part of the game....so its you that needs to get that....

If he wasn’t looking that makes it easier for him. All he has to say to the VAR team he didn’t see it. They’ll then give it and he can tell the spurs players “don’t blame me VAR gave it”

thats not accurate though....if he hasnt seen it VAr can give it...but the ref can review it as well on the pitch side monitors.

ive just seen the footage of the incident where you can see what the ref is doing...now for the first part of the foul by Lamela, as a couple of people have pointed out he aint looking at the incident, however he does see the second part of it and rodri is still on his feet or at elast on his way down and Lamela is in contact with him ......so the ref has seen part of the incident.....now he deems from what he has seen that it aint a penalty....Var dont think it is either.......me, you, all city fans and others think it is a penalty - this happens all the time with or without VAR. VAR could have checked it (and may well have done) and the outcoe would still be the same.....

I could be wrong on this (I dont know) but if VAR does over rule a ref's decision, teh ref will check this on the pitchside monitors and then make a final decision...he could still over rule VAR orgo with what they have said...does anyone know if this is the protocol or not?

Ive already said a lot of times that I believe it was a penalty for the challenge by Lamela on Rodri

what you need to get is that all teh bitchin and moaning aint going to change anything and nothing is going to change this season so you and others are going to have to get use to the new rules and VAR...

mistakes by refs (or corruption as Im sure you will see it) has always been part of the game....so its you that needs to get that....
Sigh,no we don't have to get used to it,we are football fans who can't celebrate goals anymore,we should complain as much as possible,VAR is the single best thing that has happened to those who want to skew the game,you will never see any rag or dipper player thrown to the ground and not get a pen,we all know it,they have used us as experiments,clear and obvious went out of the window the 2nd we stepped out at west ham,funny only one other game has var been used to disallow a goal,the other games nothing,the law of averages there should have been more calls this weekend,so far out of 9 goals we have had 2 chalked off,3 var reviews,they strained everything to find raz offside and i'm yet to see for sure who touvhed the ball yesterday,now we are 2 points down and they don't have to explain fuck all,i was for var but this last week it's proved me wrong,very wrong
SHOUT IT FROMM THE ROOF TOP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.