Spurs (H) - Post-Match Thread

Watched the full 90 back for my sins last night. The 343 caused us issues. Their new lad kept Len honest which meant he wasn’t stepping in as much. That left a 4v3 in midfield and a lot of graft was needed. It also meant that they had 3 bodies on the break and we couldn’t cope with that. They had several breakaway and probably should have scored more. If our passing is not totally on point we can be broke upon because our system commits so many people forward. Usually we are very tidy with the ball but not on Saturday. Meh
Don't know how you managed to watch the full match again. We pay people to do that sort of thing .But I agree with your assessment about the 343. The problem I have is that the obvious issues were magnified after the break when Harry had a field day. Notwithstanding the problems we face when the passing is less than perfect we do need the ability to respond tactically to situations were the opposition are posing extreme danger on the break as was the case on Saturday.

Don't know how you managed to watch the full match again. We pay people to do that sort of thing .But I agree with your assessment about the 343. The problem I have is that the obvious issues were magnified after the break when Harry had a field day. Notwithstanding the problems we face when the passing is less than perfect we do need the ability to respond tactically to situations were the opposition are posing extreme danger on the break as was the case on Saturday.
Had stream issues on Saturday so only caught about 70 mins!

probably not been as disappointed in the organisation of a game since chelski.

dragging our feet first 5 mins we go a goal down.
score the goal to go 2-2 and empty heads cant defend it against a not very good spurs team. Ederson glued to the floor for third goal, if he had been focussed on the cross and kane he would have known there was only one place the ball could go to beat him. Instead he was flat footed and watched the ball go in.
I dont know if pep gave any rollickings, but i imagine he was fuming as the 3 goals where because of a lack of focus.
Three points should have been nailed on but instead we let spurs do the business.

That first goal showed up our defensive frailties big time.

No body anywhere near Kane who chipped a peach of a pass down the left flank to Son in acres of space. Son with his pace was in our box in no time and he had time to think and unselfishly pick out a pass as Spurs players had outpaced our defenders.

Rank amateur defending by us, not winning the Chumps with that sort of display.

No body anywhere near Kane who chipped a peach of a pass down the left flank to Son in acres of space. Son with his pace was in our box in no time and he had time to think and unselfishly pick out a pass as Spurs players had outpaced our defenders.

That's how we defend and under Perp will defend. As it's given us the best defensive record and got us to a final in the past, then yes we win the champions league defending like that.As we won't be changing how we defend if we don't win it then we don't win it but I think we will.

That's how we defend and under Perp will defend. As it's given us the best defensive record and got us to a final in the past, then yes we win the champions league defending like that.As we won't be changing how we defend if we don't win it then we don't win it but I think we will.
Good old Perp he thought we played well, whoever he is.

Dias leads our defensive line and had a rare off day. Have we so easily forgotten how porous we could be before he arrived? He gives us our cohesion; Cancelo was missing in action defensively, presumably acting under orders; Kane and Son are very good players if they get space and they did.

I can’t think of a single reason why you wouldn’t bring on Delap for Foden when you’re spending the last 20 minutes lumping crosses into the box.
Because Foden has the ability to change things in an human instance that Delap doesn't have?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.