Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite all the success and the fantastic football we play I still get the City jitters before a game. Didn't expect it to be so easy agsinst the Hammers and don't expect this to be easy either but should have enough to win. Get through this one and we have a good run of fixtures to rack up points and ensure that our rivals, whoever they are, can't afford to drop any.

Really can't see Pep dropping Dave in a big game, considering he's had a full weeks rest and we're not into the tough part of the season with games all the time. We'll have to see i suppose.
Bernardo will offer more energy and running, love Merlin and a tough decision but I would bring in Bernardo

I forgot about Dhino, I think Rodri will be an excellent signing, but if Dhino is fit then I would be tempted to bring him in. Amazing the options we have both in players and formations. Glad Son is not fit, but they are still a decent side and will provide a tough test
Son is banned, it’s not down to fitness why he isn’t playing. Red card last game of last season.

Bernardo will offer more energy and running, love Merlin and a tough decision but I would bring in Bernardo
Same here, but Dave has the experience and always seems to start for Pep. I can't remember which game last season that KDB and Bernardo played together as 8's. but IIRC it wasn't a great performance? Maybe my memory is wrong.

It's important to keep Jesus and Mahrez's momentum as well. If they bust their gut and play brilliantly only to go straight back to the bench next game then they'll quickly lose spirit. Dzeko still talks about being benched after scoring 4 as being one of the worst moments of his career

Pep choosing Fern or Rodri will tell us a lot about how the rest of the season will go IMO.
I expect him to pick Rodri. I think it will be Rodri all the way until we start getting 2 games a week in September. Then the rotation begins.

And yes, it’s essential Jesus and Mahrez start. Any team selection without them is plain wrong in my opinion. The main call is Bernardo. Is he fit enough to be considered a better option than Silva centrally? That’s what Pep will be looking at in training this week.

Who would you drop? Mahrez had a great game against West Ham, the other option probably would be to drop Jesus and put Sterling down the middle..

Don’t know, that’s Pep’s job, but if he wants Bernardo in then most likely Mahrez gets rotated.

I just don’t get why half the forum think that the only way to play Bernardo is in Dave’s position.

Don’t know, that’s Pep’s job, but if he wants Bernardo in then most likely Mahrez gets rotated.

I just don’t get why half the forum think that the only way to play Bernardo is in Dave’s position.
Because Mahrez created all 5 goals against West Ham. And dropping him just kills his good feeling at the moment. It will be feeling like a fresh start for his City career, why end that? We are going to need him. Mahrez, Jesus and Sterling look our sharpest players. So that’s the front 3 sorted for me. I wouldn’t be considering anything else up there, but that’s me.

Because Mahrez created all 5 goals against West Ham.

Yep, probably his best game for us.

That doesn’t mean that Pep can’t play Bernardo in his best position anymore.

He says he’s the first name on his team sheet and he had a slight twinge or something last week if I recall.

Look, I have no idea who will play, I’m just puzzled that so many have stated that Bernardo can only come in for Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.