Spurs thread 2020/21

why did levy get a short term loan around 170m that has to be paid up by end of may unless he refinances it!
Why didn't Joe Lewis fund the whole stadium with an interest free loan? Infrastructure is exempt from FFP rules. There is something strange about the way Spurs (and Arsenal) operate. They both have very wealthy owners who never dig into their own pockets but just take out. While they are doing this they slag off our club for investing in its community. The media praise Levy for running a tight ship and that may be true off-the-field but what are the owners doing?

Last edited:
If this guy, responding to Levy’s claim that Spurs will make £17m a year from catering alone, has his numbers correct then they are fucked. They owe seven times that amount in instalment payments on existing transfers

View attachment 15415
Always sad to see a club in a mess...could have been us numerous times over the years.

Nobody felt sorry for us so, in conclusion FUCK OFF SPURS.

IMO there is something seriously wrong at Spurs, they have threatened to break through on so many occasions without it materialising, now it's back at square one with no manager and a side playing so so football.

One of my very best friends is a Spurs fan and he's getting on a bit, I would like to see some success on the pitch for him before he gets too bloody senile to remember it.

What do you think the problem is mate?

Good point and good question!

I'm bored of this "spursy" tag (especially since it was originally coined by Spurs fans). But there is definitely something in it. Be it bizarre bad luck (dodgy lasagne on the last day of the season; finishing 4th but Chelsea fluking the Champions League and relegating us to EL; completing the best stadium in Europe months before the advent of a catastrophic global pandemic); or rank bad decision making (Mourinho, for fuck's sake); or failing in 2 title challenges; 1 CL final; 8 FA Cup semi finals; 4 League Cup finals; and 3 League Cup semi finals over the past 30 years.

If I had to hypothesise about what the problem is, I would say to look no further than Daniel Levy. Overall, he has done an outstanding job in incredibly challenging circumstances. When he took over from Sugar, Spurs were a basket case - miles behind the top clubs. Somehow, he dragged us back to some kind of relevance without being able to spend a penny more than we earned. No other English club has managed that (and, to be clear, that's not a dig at you guys......just a mere statement of fact).

But, for all the good work that he has done, the way that Levy operates doesn't convey the right message to the players. It doesn't reek of ambition. It doesn't send out the message that the club is all about winning. And a winning culture has to run from top to bottom if it is to take root. Your club is living proof of that.

IMO there is something seriously wrong at Spurs, they have threatened to break through on so many occasions without it materialising, now it's back at square one with no manager and a side playing so so football.

One of my very best friends is a Spurs fan and he's getting on a bit, I would like to see some success on the pitch for him before he gets too bloody senile to remember it.

What do you think the problem is mate?
If I can interject, if the answer to the question is a desire to see Spurs achieve success, I’d say the problem is having a very best friend who supports them?

;-)

They won’t be moaning about us and our owners when they go down the pan and someone comes in and buys them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.