Spurs Thread - 2021/22

#THFC have announced pre-tax losses of £80.2million for the financial year ending June 2021, with total debts increasing from £605m to £706m.

my Spursy mate who tells me all sorts of codswallop about City is convinced they have no debt. I don’t even argue, I just say & the country gives you a vote.

I'm beginning to wonder how legitimate that is. Firstly, out of all the fixtures you could pick to come over, Burnley away in winter? Really? And it just happens to be a match that gets abandoned due to snow, something relatively quite rare at top level football. Also the way this has gone viral. Call me a cynic, but I honestly think this could be a cheap publicity stunt. I remember the twitter account that "predicted" all the CL knockout ties the day before a few years back, turned out the guy had just quickly edited his old tweets once he found out who was playing who. Maybe it is for real, but I do wonder.

I'm beginning to wonder how legitimate that is. Firstly, out of all the fixtures you could pick to come over, Burnley away in winter? Really? And it just happens to be a match that gets abandoned due to snow, something relatively quite rare at top level football. Also the way this has gone viral. Call me a cynic, but I honestly think this could be a cheap publicity stunt. I remember the twitter account that "predicted" all the CL knockout ties the day before a few years back, turned out the guy had just quickly edited his old tweets once he found out who was playing who. Maybe it is for real, but I do wonder.
Aye. Count his fingers. Bet they've only turned up from Darwen/Blackburn/Accrington. Take your pick.

I don’t know if it’s real, but it was Thanksgiving week here in the States — an ideal time to take off work for a bit (I was on vacation — excuse me, holiday — all week).

A few years back I went to Watford away midweek with a kind bluemooner who got me an away ticket because that’s the match I could make. That was more fun than the home matches even — more pissed up before, and singing all match long. Our away support is always so good.

Given the short notice for fixture changes for TV, and the small windows between draws and match day for Cups (not to mention which stadium they’ll be in or if you can even get a ticket if City are away), figuring out 5,500 mile trips that aren’t cheap take some careful planning and a lot of flexibility. As such, it chaps me sometimes when I hear some of you prattling on about leaving early because the tram will be full or whatever.

The dozen or so matches I’ve been so fortunate to come out to over the years have all been labo(u)rs of love . . . and each trip has been labo(u)r. So personally I buy this guy's story, and Kane's response is great . . . but recognize his story is definitely not uncommon.

And the one time I can come out in 22 — if COVID doesn’t fuck me — is midweek CL round of 8, which will only work if leg one is at the Etihad assuming we make it (spoiler off the jinx record: we will). I won’t know that til just a few weeks before my trip.

And if it’s somewhere else, screw it — I’m going to be in Manchester anyhow, and I’ll find a pub and meet you there to watch if you aren't off to wherever it's being held!

Last edited:
That story may be fake, but the game was always going to be Sunday as Spurs have long been scheduled to play in the UEFA Conference last Thursday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.