Spurs v Arsenal 20th April very important - come on Arsenal

APOLOGIES FOR GETTING THE DATE OF THE GAME WRONG ORIGINALLY

Ducado thanks for amending cheers

I don't know what I want from this game. Can we catch Arsenal? Possibly. Can Spurs pip us to 4th? Absolutely. It all depends on what our ambitions are. If we want to plough on and make an attempt to go 3rd, draw or Spurs win. If we want to take it one step at a time and consolidate 4th, Arsenal win. At the moment I'm siding towards the latter. Though I have a feeling Spurs will do them tonight.

Halfpenny said:
I don't know what I want from this game. Can we catch Arsenal? Possibly. Can Spurs pip us to 4th? Absolutely. It all depends on what our ambitions are. If we want to plough on and make an attempt to go 3rd, draw or Spurs win. If we want to take it one step at a time and consolidate 4th, Arsenal win. At the moment I'm siding towards the latter. Though I have a feeling Spurs will do them tonight.
We wont catch Arsenal if spurs win there next 2 games they are ahead of us before we play blackburn.

Halfpenny said:

Admire your optimism but, for me, we have to hope for an Arsenal win!

If that happens, Spurs have West Brom, and then Chelsea. If we get a couple of results, a bit of a gap may open...

Not sure why the general feeling on here is leaning towards a Spurs win being the most likely result anyway? They've hardly been in great form of late - Arsenal have lost 3 cup games, but haven't lost a league game since December.

Personally, I think Arsenal may feel the pressure is off after Sunday's debacle, and may also be relieved to be playing away from The Emirates, where the tension seems to be spreading from the fans onto the pitch. And I think we've all had first habd experience of that happening before...!

Mike C said:
Halfpenny said:

Admire your optimism but, for me, we have to hope for an Arsenal win!

If that happens, Spurs have West Brom, and then Chelsea. If we get a couple of results, a bit of a gap may open...

Not sure why the general feeling on here is leaning towards a Spurs win being the most likely result anyway? They've hardly been in great form of late - Arsenal have lost 3 cup games, but haven't lost a league game since December.

Personally, I think Arsenal may feel the pressure is off after Sunday's debacle, and may also be relieved to be playing away from The Emirates, where the tension seems to be spreading from the fans onto the pitch. And I think we've all had first habd experience of that happening before...!
Is optimism the mere contemplation of the thought? :P I don't think we will catch Arsenal but they do have some difficult games coming up. Still hope they win tonight.

I don't know what I want from this game to be honest. I know what I don't want to see happen. I still think we can finish third, but it's definately a ballsy thing to hope for a draw. The bottom line is, it's out of our hands. As far as the game goes, Tottingham will be after a goal right from the off, with the chimp doing his best sprinting into the corner and the rest of them running around hoping to get on the end of a cross (if he can get around the defender). I think they will score as Arsenholes defence is leaky. The arse will then have to score whilst the spuds are kicking fuck out of their heels. I see a 2-1 Arse win, with goals from set pieces due to stupid spuds fouls just outside the area. Who will be at right back for Arse?

HARRY ON NLD...

Harry Redknapp believes tonight’s North London derby will be contested by two rivals as desperate as ever for the three points.

Arsenal have won just once in their last five Premier League games, and Sunday’s home draw with Liverpool leaves them seven points behind Manchester United at the top of the table going into this clash at the Lane.

Meanwhile, we sit three points off Manchester City in the race for a top four finish, and Harry feels we must look to win as many of our remaining seven games as we can in order to secure Champions Leage football next season.

So the manager knows this will be a tough one to call, and said: “Arsenal will still feel they have a chance to win every game and that's what they'll be looking to do now, and hope Man United can lose a game somewhere.

“But we need it as much as they do. We want to finish in the top four. We need a win desperately. We have got to win most of our games if we are going to do it.

“We’re both good teams, both a pleasure to watch, the way we play. I think people enjoy watching us both play, but there can only be one winner.”

In last season’s derby fixture at the Lane almost exactly one year ago, that winner was us, and Harry is hoping for a repeat performance.

He added: “We did it last year. We got beat by Portsmouth in the cup semi-final and everyone went 'that's the end of their season', but we came back and beat Arsenal and Chelsea in that same week and went on to beat Man City.

“It was an amazing night for us. Danny [Rose] scored that wonder goal and Gomes made an unbelievable couple of saves at the end to win the game. It will be another cracking game with a great atmosphere and we have to play well to win.”

squirtyflower said:
THFC6061 said:
HARRY ON NLD...
we all know your hard of intelligence, but you do know there is a stupid spuds forum where morons like yourself might actually give a shit?

keep to 606, it full of dickheads who know no better

Three points....

Firstly, this is the General Football Forum section.

Secondly, the thread wasn't started by me.

Thirdly, if it's of no interest to you, why bother opening-up the thread and posting in it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.