Spurs v Arsenal Postponed

Completely agree, the question is how do you reconstruct the rules in a way that is fair and subject to exploitation?

They can’t change the rules now and it be fair when some clubs have already benefited from the rules!

The only way I can see it working if they change it is that only those who had Covid at the time and no new players can play in the rearranged games.

And Liverpool got the match postponed to their benefit.

It's not like we've not been negatively impacted, we were without a lot of players first couple of games of the season, had our Wolves game & Liverpool game postponed because the other team requested it, & were dumped out the FA Cup largely because we had to play a really inexperienced midfield.

Arteta asked for more clarity last month and many were calling him a cry arse, we watched Leicester get games called off last week with AFCON as part of their reason so it would almost be neglectful of Arsenal not to try the same if it was to their advantage and not outwith the rules.

Blame the Premier League for allowing the loophole in the first place. As far as Im aware, Cedric, Chambers, Tierney, Kolasinac, Tomiyasu, Xhaka, Partey, Elneny, Odegaard, Saka, Pepe, Smith-Rowe, Aubameyang and whoever tested positive yesterday were all missing the game today.
Xhaka has Covid? I would say that is a relief to the Arsenal? ;)

They can paly this in the "winter break" coming up in a couple of weeks surely?
Mind you most teams have had a pre season break already with postponements.

I think I read somewhere that the PL were against the idea because they wanted the break for player benefit. Doesn’t mean they can’t change their mind in exceptional circumstances though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.