Spurs v Chelsea

spurspinter1 said:
Folks, the my word was indeed a reference to Ray Wilkins, I'm glad all you understood it ;)

And how do Spurs fans respond to his sycophantic commentary? We don't get commentators like that publicly wanking off our club but I doubt it'd be treated with much admiration, there are even cringes here during Buzzer's once-in-a-blue-moon appearances on Sky.

LoveCity said:
spurspinter1 said:
Folks, the my word was indeed a reference to Ray Wilkins, I'm glad all you understood it ;)

And how do Spurs fans respond to his sycophantic commentary? We don't get commentators like that publicly wanking off our club but I doubt it'd be treated with much admiration, there are even cringes here during Buzzer's once-in-a-blue-moon appearances on Sky.

Many like him, I'm not a fan though. always seems to slow it down and make it about him. I won't complain too much if we're wining though.

spurspinter1 said:
taconinja said:
spurspinter1 said:
Fair play for the response.

Sandro has been injured for a while though, he would have played more but has struggled with knee injuries and stuff. He has scary potential and Harry will have seen this, he has been very complimentory about him on numerous occasions and has outperformed Parker for a couple of games now. Modric next to Sandro as a CM partnership is ideal in a 4-4-2 but I don't see why Modric Sandro and Parker can't form a three man CM trio.
Do you think Redknapp can and will break from a 4-4-2? I agree, by the way, that Modric/Sandro is a tantalizing prospect, but Parker is in fine form, too.

My apologies for bumping this, haven't been on here for a while. Hope everyone's had a good christmas and all that!

I think the notion that Harry only knows 4-2-2 is as misguided as those who said Mancini played with 5 defensive midfielders last season in the premier league to be honest

We've gone through 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 these season, Van der Vaart has definitely made things interesting formation wise

Did you see Sandro tonight? My word. He is a special player.
Yes, he is. And any implication that Redknapp only knows the 4-4-2 was unintended. I do believe it's his preferred system, though.

taconinja said:
spurspinter1 said:
taconinja said:
Do you think Redknapp can and will break from a 4-4-2? I agree, by the way, that Modric/Sandro is a tantalizing prospect, but Parker is in fine form, too.

My apologies for bumping this, haven't been on here for a while. Hope everyone's had a good christmas and all that!

I think the notion that Harry only knows 4-2-2 is as misguided as those who said Mancini played with 5 defensive midfielders last season in the premier league to be honest

We've gone through 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 these season, Van der Vaart has definitely made things interesting formation wise

Did you see Sandro tonight? My word. He is a special player.
Yes, he is. And any implication that Redknapp only knows the 4-4-2 was unintended. I do believe it's his preferred system, though.

In the Premier League, Harry has gone for a 4-2-3-1 formation in 12 of the 17 matches Spurs have played so far this season.

The remaining 5 matches have been 4-4-2.

meeesh said:
What formation did he play against us ???

cause MY WORD it didnt fucking work !!

No excuses - Spurs were well beaten but we were without Ledley King, Scott Parker, Emmanuel Adebayor and Luka Modric (OK he started, but his head was somewhere else) when we played City.

We also lined-up 4-2-3-1 in that game but we didn't have a proper holding midfielder and had Niko Kranjcar there instead.

LoveCity said:
spurspinter1 said:

It's a bit embarrassing, to be honest *. As is the general hype about Spurs and Bale over the past couple of days.

We're good. And we're fun to watch.

But we've achieved nothing yet and we're only one of 5 or 6 good teams in the Prem. City and Utd are clear favourites for the top two and the others could still all finish above us. They're all also entertaining in their own ways. City especially, this season. Hats off to Mancini. I didn't think he had it in him to get you playing as he has - even with the attacking riches at his disposal.

* That said, I can't help but like Wilkins. Comically old fashioned.

-- Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:10 pm --

THFC6061 said:
meeesh said:
What formation did he play against us ???

cause MY WORD it didnt fucking work !!

No excuses - Spurs were well beaten but we were without Ledley King, Scott Parker, Emmanuel Adebayor and Luka Modric (OK he started, but his head was somewhere else) when we played City.

We also lined-up 4-2-3-1 in that game but we didn't have a proper holding midfielder and had Niko Kranjcar there instead.

Err........no excuses apart from all those you mentioned, you mean? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.