Spurs v City - CL QF I - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAG

Here we go then ...

First of three games against Spurs and the most important and toughest ... being away obviously but also because we’re going to play them after two days in between our today’s semi final while they’ve had six days to rest, refresh and prepare ...

Their new stadium is another aspect that could come into play (which way though is yet to be seen) ...

As I said in another thread, the way to go should be go all out and try and win the tie in this first leg itself ... I know it’s away and all but no point trying to bring back a nil-nil or a one away goal advantage ... what that’d do is give us an advantage and ability to rotate and rest key players in second leg at home ... and thus play a refreshed team against the same opppnent a few days later for what would be a vital game (and week) for the PL title ...

Put in a second or third gear performance like today could allow them to get on top or drag the quarter final into the second leg ... that’s the worst that could happen to us as we have Spurs again in a few days after that (2nd leg) and United away a few days later ... crucial crucial week for us now that Liverpool hasn’t dropped any points in their last two games (against Spurs and Saints) ...

Let’s do it boys ... we have already booked a slot in the FA Cup Final so surely mentally that’d give our boys a boost going into Tuesday night!

C’mon City!!

Want a win , but a draw would be an ok result.
It will be fantastic atmosphere.
Heart says 1-2 head says 2-2.
COME ON CITY

OK the big one..draw required and bring them back,hope the team has stayed in London and not traveled home just so they can return

Just need to score a couple of goals to ensure that the 2nd leg is not squeeky bum time due to away goals advantage.
At least from next season (i think) they are doing away with this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.