Spurs Vs City Post Match Thread

You claim to have been a city fan for 50 years.....ok I've just had a look at your 316 posts in the last 3 years. You come on here calling people moron's, yet you go months without posting, rarely bother in the week, but here you are tonight after a defeat and it's like you can't stop talking. Despite saying only 10 days ago "that's why I don't post on here after a defeat " yet funnily enough that's the only time you seem to post. Not sure about you!

Supporting City from 1965 fella and because I don't post on a forum makes me a rag? Sorry, with respect if you're a Blue, that statement makes you an even bigger moron. I don't post often but like to read what fellow blues say on the forum but can't help getting annoyed at the insanity that follows defeat but when someone like you annoys the fuck out of me by slagging of City by criticising the club for spending and wasting £150 million because we lost a match!!! That's what I hear every day from every biased media outlet worldwide and every jealous fan from every other team in the country and it sickens me that I have to read that shit on here

Every matchday, it worries me which City will turn up. Somehow, it is evident which match is going to be a long day and today was such a day. Same as WH. Why cant we always blow teams out, not sure where is the motivation going. Sometimes its the first half sometimes the second. Once we go behind, it seems to be all over. The mark of champions is to make a comeback in these kinds of games to at least get a point and with the quality we have got, no excuses can be made. Was shuttered when Yaya was taken off due to his hammy, without him I knew we have no chance of a comeback.

Every matchday, it worries me which City will turn up. Somehow, it is evident which match is going to be a long day and today was such a day. Same as WH. Why cant we always blow teams out, not sure where is the motivation going. Sometimes its the first half sometimes the second. Once we go behind, it seems to be all over. The mark of champions is to make a comeback in these kinds of games to at least get a point and with the quality we have got, no excuses can be made. Was shuttered when Yaya was taken off due to his hammy, without him I knew we have no chance of a comeback.

To be fair Yaya isn't a leader in tough situations either , we just don't have players who perform when things get a bit rough.

Soft minds more interested in playing the good game rather than the game required to out muscle the opposition which is needed in the premiership.

The talent is present but the mindset isn't and you need both to be regarded as a formidable side.

We don't intimidate anybody so every side we play knows if they keep the pressure on we will fold sooner rather than later.

To be fair Yaya isn't a leader in tough situations either , we just don't have players who perform when things get a bit rough.

Soft minds more interested in playing the good game rather than the game required to out muscle the opposition which is needed in the premiership.

The talent is present but the mindset isn't and you need both to be regarded as a formidable side.

We don't intimidate anybody so every side we play knows if they keep the pressure on we will fold sooner rather than later.

Yes , we find it tough to cope when things are not going our way but that mentality to deal with difficult situations has to come from the manager .

Pellegrini does not do enough to deal with such situations

Exactly, the point I was trying to make. Its the mindset, some kind of a mental block which is preventing us to become a formidable side. Every Tom-Dick-Harry team thinks it can be his hay-day when facing City either home or away. The moment we are able to break this barrier, then only we would be considered as one of the greatest teams (Chelsea 05, Arsenal 03, Utd 06).

I think this is time when we would announce our self onto the worst stage and win the league in an emphatic way and progress in UCL. But this also seems like we are going to have a scuffle for the league come May, I still believe we will win the league but not by a good margin.

Yes , we find it tough to cope when things are not going our way but that mentality to deal with difficult situations has to come from the manager .

Pellegrini does not do enough to deal with such situations

This appears to be his mantra and we cannot win really ugly under him.

We have to put games like Juventus and Spurs to bed but when we concede there is nothing in our locker to gain the advantage back from them.

No doubt he lacks the foresight to do the things required when we have the advantage but are not putting too much space on the scoreboard.

If he does have it he is too stubborn to change the approach and we become slower in the build up having the possession but being more prone to lapses at set pieces and the counter attack.

This appears to be his mantra and we cannot win really ugly under him.

We have to put games like Juventus and Spurs to bed but when we concede there is nothing in our locker to gain the advantage back from them.

No doubt he lacks the foresight to do the things required when we have the advantage but are not putting too much space on the scoreboard.

If he does have it he is too stubborn to change the approach and we become slower in the build up having the possession but being more prone to lapses at set pieces and the counter attack.

this is something which has been synonymous with all teams pellegrini has managed , powerful attacking but inadequate defense and no improvement in weaknesses .
Biggest problems for us is more opposing managers are figuring this out and our Plan A is getting is less effective . We bought sterling and de buyrne to bring something new but 5 games on teams are starting to figure us out .

WBA (A) 3-0
Chelsea (H) 3-0
Everton (A) 2-0
Watford (H) 2-0
Palace (A) 1-0
West Ham (H) 1-2
Spurs (A) 1-4

You look at those fixtures before kick off and I'd have probably taken 15 points from them. We've had 4 very tough fixtures Chelsea, Everton, Palace & Spurs. Other than Spurs I've no complaints West Ham was luck on their side we threw the kitchen sink at them and it didn't come off. So we're a point behind the rags who have played

Spurs (H) 1-0 (O.G)
Villa (A) 1-0 (Deflected Goal) clear pen for Villa not given
Newcastle (H) 0-0 ( De Bruyne type goal not given to Shrek)
Swansea (A) 1-2
Liverpool (H) 3-1
Southampton (A) 3-2 (Pass gifted to Martial at 1-1)
Sunderland (H) 3-0 (probably the easiest game in the league Sunderland are gash)

Spurs pissed me off and I'm still gutted about it but all the rags giving me shit are just getting little smiles back because I know we'll be above them come the end.

We have probably the 3rd best squad in Europe player for player. Basically we should never lose a match. The problem is with the players heads not with their feet.

We didn't lose yesterday because Spurs had better players than us. We handed it to them. There's a fragility about us. It's like the pre match meal is quail on a bed of rocket washed down with some camomile tea whereas we should be fighting over scraps of raw meat we're that hungry.

We have had a mental softness about us for as long as I can remember barring a handful of games over the last 5yrs. I don't know what we have to do to fix that aspect of us..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.