spurs

The Nothing club meant a lot to us, but the Spurs fan is clearly right the investment turned City around.

And Spurs have some special players. I don't like Van der Vaart. He's a very skilful player, but he's a bit of an individual. Modric is over-rated too, but Sandro, Bale, Adebayor are all outstanding players and they have many more

They could easily have lost at WBA who are a good team, but so could we at QPR.

Spurs and City are the best two teams in the Premiership. Whether we can keep it up remains to be seen

Primativ said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Primativ said:
What are you on about? King isn't 33. Fact of the matter is King is one of the best around, if it wasn't for his injuries he'd have had 100 caps for England and Terry would have none. Thinking that we would be bottom four withotur King and Adebayor is retarded. Yes they are important players for us, Adebayor has made a great start to his Spurs career, and King is a lynchpin of our defence, but you are forgetting Modric, one of the best CM's in the world, Parker, who is immense. VDV...Bale.....need I go on?

I don't understand the hate Spurs get on here. It's good to see City shaking things up at the top although you should count your blessings you have a rich Sheikh, because you would still be a nothing club if it wasn't for his millions. Spurs on the other hand have built a club and team over a period of 10 years, since Levy came to the club. Yes we have spent money, but nothing on the scale of United, City or Chelsea have in that period.

Anyway, this is my first post, and surely won't be my last. I enjoy reading other teams fans opinions, but let's keep it fair.

I think you have little right to pontificate about being fair when you describe City as a nothing club.

History is not just about winning trophies and there isn't a club in the country with a better narrative than Manchester City.

I'm ambivalent towards Spurs. They've always played good football and I actually don't mind Harry but their fans are so sinfully self-righteous and have delusions of grandeur about how big their club is. Whatever the reasons Spurs haven't had a bigger average home attendance than City for a decade, so if we were a 'nothing club' in that time what does that make you?

You are correct. It was a wrong choice of word and I was aware of that when I was typing. What I should have said was 'mid-table club with zero chance of challenging for the top 4 let alone the league'. I am aware of City's history, you are very similar to us in terms of stature, of that there is little doubt but let's not pretend that before the oil money came along you were doing anything other than treading water in the midtable nothingness.

There are delusions of grandeur at many clubs, and Spurs like City have suffered greatly from lurking in the shadows of much more successful local rivals. I think we should enjoy our respective current teams and any success that comes with it, because we have both waited far too long.

I think there's little I can find to disagree with in that post - to be fair.

Welcome to Bluemoon.

I think this new spuds poster, Primativ, should be immediately banned from this forum.

It's wholly wrong to have opposition fans posting sensibly on here, maybe if he starts being abusive we can let him stay for a while?

Well, in terms of points won per games played in the Premier League, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur are the two most successful clubs so far this season.

I'd be absolutely delighted if that remained that way until the end of the season.

And if City are Champions and Spurs finish second, so be it.

THFC6061 said:
and we're one of the very few clubs who have achieved our success without going into massive debt.

Putting aside the question of what success you have actually achieved, why would your management of your debt bother me one way or the other. Unless, of course you getting at Spurs "doing things the right way", in which case I care even less.

Spurs are a bit like us in some respects and have suffered having to watch their biggest rivals Arsenal scoop up a whole heap of trophies over the past 10 years. Nobody on here can deny they play some very nice football, pacey and aggressive with loads of skill. Personally, I think they are better than Arsenal at the moment and should be able to beat Utd at their place on current form.
On another note, making huge losses like City have the last 2 years should not be confused with having massive debts as our losses have not involved borrowing....
I think if Spurs were to usurp Utd this season that would be refreshing.

Primativ said:
Primativ said:
What are you on about? King isn't 33. Fact of the matter is King is one of the best around, if it wasn't for his injuries he'd have had 100 caps for England and Terry would have none. Thinking that we would be bottom four withotur King and Adebayor is retarded. Yes they are important players for us, Adebayor has made a great start to his Spurs career, and King is a lynchpin of our defence, but you are forgetting Modric, one of the best CM's in the world, Parker, who is immense. VDV...Bale.....need I go on?

I don't understand the hate Spurs get on here. It's good to see City shaking things up at the top although you should count your blessings you have a rich Sheikh, because you would still be a nothing club if it wasn't for his millions. Spurs on the other hand have built a club and team over a period of 10 years, since Levy came to the club. Yes we have spent money, but nothing on the scale of United, City or Chelsea have in that period.

Anyway, this is my first post, and surely won't be my last. I enjoy reading other teams fans opinions, but let's keep it fair.

I think you have little right to pontificate about being fair when you describe City as a nothing club.

History is not just about winning trophies and there isn't a club in the country with a better narrative than Manchester City.

I'm ambivalent towards Spurs. They've always played good football and I actually don't mind Harry but their fans are so sinfully self-righteous and have delusions of grandeur about how big their club is. Whatever the reasons Spurs haven't had a bigger average home attendance than City for a decade, so if we were a 'nothing club' in that time what does that make you?

You are correct. It was a wrong choice of word and I was aware of that when I was typing. What I should have said was 'mid-table club with zero chance of challenging for the top 4 let alone the league'. I am aware of City's history, you are very similar to us in terms of stature, of that there is little doubt but let's not pretend that before the oil money came along you were doing anything other than treading water in the midtable nothingness.

There are delusions of grandeur at many clubs, and Spurs like City have suffered greatly from lurking in the shadows of much more successful local rivals. I think we should enjoy our respective current teams and any success that comes with it, because we have both waited far too long.
Surprised King crock is only 31 - thought he was that at the WC? Maybe Arry´s been falsifying birth certificates as well. Why isn´t the twat playing for his country then? Coz Capello knows he´s a car crash waiting to happen.
Spuds fans have always been condescending to us since I can remember. 60 fookin thousand tickets for a Thurs night final replay in 81 on their doorstep - still pisses me off that. Typical big smoke. billy big bollox Essex boy attitude many of your fans have
Good luck

mike channon´s windmill said:
Primativ said:

Surprised King crock is only 31 - thought he was that at the WC? Maybe Arry´s been falsifying birth certificates as well. Why isn´t the twat playing for his country then? Coz Capello knows he´s a car crash waiting to happen.
Spuds fans have always been condescending to us since I can remember. 60 fookin thousand tickets for a Thurs night final replay in 81 on their doorstep - still pisses me off that. Typical big smoke. billy big bollox Essex boy attitude many of your fans have
Good luck

King doesn't play for his country because he doesn't train. It is managed by Spurs and he has a special regime. For obvious reasons it's not really possible to not train with the England squad and just play the games, so he can't be picked.

I think the only fitness King does is swimming. Whenever he has a long term injury he never looks rusty or tired either.

I'm pretty sure if he was fit all season round he would have been sold for Rio type money already.

Probably the best centre back at Spurs in the last 25 years, better than the likes of Mabbutt and Campbell who were fantastic too

To be honest I think the threat of Spurs to City, is less than the threat of Liverpool, Arse and Chelsea to Spurs.

I'd still take fourth place right now, there is a horrible run of games in the winter

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.