spurs

I've said all along Spurs are worthy title contenders. They have a fantastic group of players who a bit like us have goals in them. If they buy a decent centre half in January then it will be game on for the title. Don't forget they have Dawson to come back and don't kid yourself they have a lack of depth. They have loads of options, Jenas, Huddlestone, Pavlichenko, Santos (sp).

I will bet anybody on here between £20 - £200 that both ourselves and united finish above Spurs. Any takers?

mike channon´s windmill said:
Primativ said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think you have little right to pontificate about being fair when you describe City as a nothing club.

History is not just about winning trophies and there isn't a club in the country with a better narrative than Manchester City.

I'm ambivalent towards Spurs. They've always played good football and I actually don't mind Harry but their fans are so sinfully self-righteous and have delusions of grandeur about how big their club is. Whatever the reasons Spurs haven't had a bigger average home attendance than City for a decade, so if we were a 'nothing club' in that time what does that make you?

You are correct. It was a wrong choice of word and I was aware of that when I was typing. What I should have said was 'mid-table club with zero chance of challenging for the top 4 let alone the league'. I am aware of City's history, you are very similar to us in terms of stature, of that there is little doubt but let's not pretend that before the oil money came along you were doing anything other than treading water in the midtable nothingness.

There are delusions of grandeur at many clubs, and Spurs like City have suffered greatly from lurking in the shadows of much more successful local rivals. I think we should enjoy our respective current teams and any success that comes with it, because we have both waited far too long.
Surprised King crock is only 31 - thought he was that at the WC? Maybe Arry´s been falsifying birth certificates as well. Why isn´t the twat playing for his country then? Coz Capello knows he´s a car crash waiting to happen.
Spuds fans have always been condescending to us since I can remember. 60 fookin thousand tickets for a Thurs night final replay in 81 on their doorstep - still pisses me off that. Typical big smoke. billy big bollox Essex boy attitude many of your fans have
Good luck

I don't get what posts like this actually add to the conversation....

Again, I have just joined you all here, but I have read some very good debate from fans of different clubs on very many topics, both City and Spurs related. That is what makes for good debate, individuals who are willing to put their bias aside and bring level heads to the table and converse accordingly.

I don't really understand the hate for King. Perhaps I am a bit biased, as my user name suggests, but, if anything, the man is a role model for persistence and hard work. He has certainly had a few problems off the pitch, but what he is able to accomplish on the pitch is nothing short of inspiring, especially for Spurs fans.

Now to address the point of the thread. I certainly don't think, in the long run, we will be challenging for a title, but to ignore the form Spurs are currently in and to dismiss them outright is a bit foolish. Spurs don't have the depth of City, but that is why you all are in first and we are not. Still, players like Defoe, Sandro, Pienaar, Gallas, etc. give us some quality individuals to turn to when needed. The match against WBA was a perfect example. Modric and van der Vaart were out, and Defoe and Sandro came in and did the job. Sandro was strong in the midfield and did well breaking up play and adding a bit going forward to make up for the missing Modric. Defoe played well off of Ade and ultimately combined with him for the match winner.

As I said, it would be foolish, and would go against what our history suggests, to think that Spurs can be within reach of a title near the end of the season. But, we have clearly improved and, with a bit of luck with injuries, could certainly have something to say about things before all is said and done.

LedleyKing said:
Primativ said:
You are correct. It was a wrong choice of word and I was aware of that when I was typing. What I should have said was 'mid-table club with zero chance of challenging for the top 4 let alone the league'. I am aware of City's history, you are very similar to us in terms of stature, of that there is little doubt but let's not pretend that before the oil money came along you were doing anything other than treading water in the midtable nothingness.

There are delusions of grandeur at many clubs, and Spurs like City have suffered greatly from lurking in the shadows of much more successful local rivals. I think we should enjoy our respective current teams and any success that comes with it, because we have both waited far too long.
Surprised King crock is only 31 - thought he was that at the WC? Maybe Arry´s been falsifying birth certificates as well. Why isn´t the twat playing for his country then? Coz Capello knows he´s a car crash waiting to happen.
Spuds fans have always been condescending to us since I can remember. 60 fookin thousand tickets for a Thurs night final replay in 81 on their doorstep - still pisses me off that. Typical big smoke. billy big bollox Essex boy attitude many of your fans have
Good luck

Again, I have just joined you all here, but I have read some very good debate from fans of different clubs on very many topics, both City and Spurs related. That is what makes for good debate, individuals who are willing to put their bias aside and bring level heads to the table and converse accordingly.

I don't really understand the hate for King. Perhaps I am a bit biased, as my user name suggests, but, if anything, the man is a role model for persistence and hard work. He has certainly had a few problems off the pitch, but what he is able to accomplish on the pitch is nothing short of inspiring, especially for Spurs fans.

Now to address the point of the thread. I certainly don't think, in the long run, we will be challenging for a title, but to ignore the form Spurs are currently in and to dismiss them outright is a bit foolish. Spurs don't have the depth of City, but that is why you all are in first and we are not. Still, players like Defoe, Sandro, Pienaar, Gallas, etc. give us some quality individuals to turn to when needed. The match against WBA was a perfect example. Modric and van der Vaart were out, and Defoe and Sandro came in and did the job. Sandro was strong in the midfield and did well breaking up play and adding a bit going forward to make up for the missing Modric. Defoe played well off of Ade and ultimately combined with him for the match winner.

As I said, it would be foolish, and would go against what our history suggests, to think that Spurs can be within reach of a title near the end of the season. But, we have clearly improved and, with a bit of luck with injuries, could certainly have something to say about things before all is said and done.

Comparing exactly the same 12 fixtures played this season with last season, Spurs are 9 points better off in 2011-12 than we were in 2010-11.

A win against Bolton Wanderers at the Lane on Saturday (not beyond the realms of possibility) would put us on 31 points after 13 matches - which would be half our total points haul of 62 points amassed in 2010-11.

I think the overall improvement in the Spurs team is patently obvious to see.

stavros said:
our biggest threat imo.
said it weeks ago.
2nd best team in prem.
more worried about them than rags

I have said it before that they will compete for the League, but the experts here have different opinion and think that it is impossible for Spurs to finish above City this season !

Tevez City said:
stavros said:
our biggest threat imo.
said it weeks ago.
2nd best team in prem.

I have said it before that they will compete for the League, but the experts here have different opinion and think that it is impossible for Spurs to finish above City this season !
And they are right and you are wrong with thoughts of a dickhead<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:14 pm --<br /><br />
THFC6061 said:
LedleyKing said:
Good luck

Comparing exactly the same 12 fixtures played this season with last season, Spurs are 9 points better off in 2011-12 than we were in 2010-11.

A win against Bolton Wanderers at the Lane on Saturday (not beyond the realms of possibility) would put us on 31 points after 13 matches - which would be half our total points haul of 62 points amassed in 2010-11.

You boring twat

squirtyflower said:
Tevez City said:
stavros said:
our biggest threat imo.
said it weeks ago.
2nd best team in prem.

And they are right and you are wrong with thoughts of a dickhead

-- Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:14 pm --

THFC6061 said:
LedleyKing said:

You boring twat

Squirty, you took the words from my mouth fella.

Could you imagine being stuck in a lift with this anorak?

As you're gasping for air all you would hear would be "Do you know that in the 62/63 season Jimmy Greaves had 17% more leg hair than Danny Blanchflower? However, Cliff Jones trumped the pair of them as his total surface area of hair was 43%"

Boring boring bastard.

stavros said:
our biggest threat imo.
said it weeks ago.
2nd best team in prem.

Nah

spuds aint never gonna grind out 1 nils like the rags when the play poor - it seems to be all or nothing with them - decent teams make no mistake and 3rd but Rags are still the team to beat

dctid said:
stavros said:
our biggest threat imo.
said it weeks ago.
2nd best team in prem.

Nah

spuds aint never gonna grind out 1 nils like the rags when the play poor - it seems to be all or nothing with them - decent teams make no mistake and 3rd but Rags are still the team to beat

This this and this again. "Go out and be yourselves lads" is not a valid title winning tactic. Sheer skill of players will get you through some games but when the going gets tough it's not going to work. The rags are the masters of keeping it going when the going is tough, and just because of their stature teams will continue to pay them too much respect or sit too deep in the final 10 minutes inviting that winning Fergie time goal.

Do not kid yourselves folks. For all the rags frailty they will be chasing us the whole fucking way, and they're really the only team you can say will definitely be doing it.

Blue Blood CTID said:
I will bet anybody on here between £20 - £200 that both ourselves and united finish above Spurs. Any takers?

I will also offer anyone this bet :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.