Squad for next season

franksinatra said:
We have a fantastic squad of players with only the odd tweak and adjustment required to improve the strength.

What we need to do is collect the odd player in the odd position which will significantly improve the first team than spend another summer collecting squad players.

A lot of the squad players this year, I think, are being judged on games when three or four of them have been chucked in together which is not ideal to walk into when the first team is unsettled and other players are returning to competitive action as opposed to kick abouts on the training field.

If we chuck out 9 or ten players as suggested we will face another season of transition. Dzeko for example is third choice striker yet has got 20 goals this year, some of our rivals cannot find one, main striker to match that. We do not know how lucky we are.

Totally agree. If we keep messing around we are never going to settle properly as a squad. Just add a couple maybe but we are now coming to a period where we should consolidate with who we have. IMHO

Gray said:
I think you will find Hart on his way out as he drops too many bollocks to be a top keeper.

He's improved a lot recently, well you never hear anything anymore anyway.

I think he needs competition more than anything, Pants is a backup and everyone knows it.

If we were to go for Valdes or even better Casillas... There is a lot of experience and talent there, in particular Casillas who has won everything there is to win at least once and Valdes hasn't done badly.... Both are definitely possibilities but Valdes would probably just edge it as he is free to move to any club in the summer and City can really take advantage of the lack of transfer fee. Casillas would bring a wealth of experience and at only 32 I can't believe how much he has won.

Casillas is the best choice for me but he hasn't made a single La Liga appearance for Madrid this year. I think he'd come here if offered the chance but It's whether he would want regular first team football.

Bloody hell, 10 years ago on Football Manager I was building a dream team using money cheats at City and it always had Casillas in it, how times change that 10 years later in real life we might consider him as a backup keeper.....

Yeah like Casillas would want to change clubs to become a back up keeper here too. When he could go to nearly any team and be first choice...
He is a back up now to Lopes as Lopes has really great form. Here if Hart would keep his current form (or the form of this or last season) Hart would become the second GK not Casillas...

Casillas still first choice for Spain in goal, even if they have Valdes, de Gea, Reina and with all the bench role at Real...

Hart is still only first choice for England he the next ones would be Ruddy and Foster from relegation battle teams...
(If he had rivals like Valdes, De Gea, Reina, not sure Hart would be still England GK...)

I like to have settled back four next season. Fair enough we had chop and change our CB early in the season due to injuries and suspension but constantly alternating our LB isn't the best. If Sagna is coming next season I don't want to see the same with him and zaba

We've gotta promote some youth if not there is not point in the eds team. I can see us having no English players in the team or squad next year especially if hart goes, which would be ridiculous

Liverpool can give players like Flanagan, sterling a chance why can't we ??

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
We've gotta promote some youth if not there is not point in the eds team. I can see us having no English players in the team or squad next year especially if hart goes, which would be ridiculous

Liverpool can give players like Flanagan, sterling a chance why can't we ??

Probably because none are up to the required standard yet

chris85mcfc said:
Just picking up on a point Tolmie made in the Pellegrini thread about being ruthless this summer as far as shipping out is concerned

Personally I wouldn't argue with getting rid of Nasri, Dzeko, Garcia, Rodwell, Nastasic, Richards, Clichy, Boyata, Barry, Lescott and to an extent Hart

This made me think about which current players id be happy going into next season with

Goalkeepers
Hart
Pants
Wright

Defenders

Zabba
Vinny
MDM
Rekik?
Kolarov

Midfielders

Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Milner
Navas

Forwards

Aguero
Jovetic
Negredo

That's a squad of 16 so far, and I very much doubt we will be looking to ship out the 10/11 names listed at the top.

I know we brought 5 players in last summer, but I think this summer could be huge in terms of players leaving and an overall replenish of our squad.

I don't think it will be nearly as big as you expect.

The obvious ones will leave and one or two may go out on loan but I would be very surprised if we bring in more than three players who will challenge seriously for places in the starting eleven each week for many obvious reasons that have well documented even on this forum

mancity1 said:
chris85mcfc said:
Just picking up on a point Tolmie made in the Pellegrini thread about being ruthless this summer as far as shipping out is concerned

Personally I wouldn't argue with getting rid of Nasri, Dzeko, Garcia, Rodwell, Nastasic, Richards, Clichy, Boyata, Barry, Lescott and to an extent Hart

This made me think about which current players id be happy going into next season with

Goalkeepers
Hart
Pants
Wright

Defenders

Zabba
Vinny
MDM
Rekik?
Kolarov

Midfielders

Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Milner
Navas

Forwards

Aguero
Jovetic
Negredo

That's a squad of 16 so far, and I very much doubt we will be looking to ship out the 10/11 names listed at the top.

I know we brought 5 players in last summer, but I think this summer could be huge in terms of players leaving and an overall replenish of our squad.

I don't think it will be nearly as big as you expect.

The obvious ones will leave and one or two may go out on loan but I would be very surprised if we bring in more than three players who will challenge seriously for places in the starting eleven each week for many obvious reasons that have well documented even on this forum

Thing is I don't actually want to see a lot of changes. I just think pellegrini is adamant on playing a certain way and there's too many players that aren't up to it, especially in terms of pressing the opposition.

If were certain this is how we want the club want to play then at some point were going to have to bite the bullet, it would probably be better to gradually make changes to the squad but at the moment it seems to me we're stuck between wanting to play a certain way but only having a handful of players capable of playing it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.