Squad Numbers - 2011/12

Wheelsy said:
There will be less changes than you think. There always is.

Quite the opposite. Premier league rules say that the squad numbers should be consecutive where possible except where special dispensation is granted. the numbers should start at 1, which must be a goalkeeper. On the squad list form that must be filled in the numbers go from 1 to 46.

This effectively means that we have a lot of blanks to fill in. we get special dispensation for retired number 23.

In saying this they've been quite lenient in the past so they might be happy as long as most of the numbers are 46 or below i.e. they move the EDS lads in with a chance up.

Carver said:
Wheelsy said:
There will be less changes than you think. There always is.

Quite the opposite. Premier league rules say that the squad numbers should be consecutive where possible except where special dispensation is granted. the numbers should start at 1, which must be a goalkeeper. On the squad list form that must be filled in the numbers go from 1 to 46.

This effectively means that we have a lot of blanks to fill in. we get special dispensation for retired number 23.
yes, but so long as someone takes the shirt, i cant see any complaints. i bet stu taylor would be happy to take the number 1 shirt, for example

Yes reckon he would. Joe seems to prefer 25 anyway. More a case of moving the EDS lads in with a chance up to lower numbers that the others don't want. Think the rule might just be one of those set at the start of PL in '92 and has been allowed to lapse a bit.

Hart said in the DVD that came with the Membership package that he likes being number 25.

Ken Shabby said:
We seem to be leaving it a tad late. Unless I've missed something?

Players have been told to expect them in the post today and to get in touch with Chappie if they dont arrive by noon. I know Kun has been on hold all afternoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.