Squad Numbers - 2020/21

I'm sure that the official site said Colin Bell was number 6, which he did wear for two seasons but his number was always number 8.
Before the Premier League all teams wore 1 to 11 and players wore the number that denoted the Position the were playing in that game

Reactions: mat
Before the Premier League all teams wore 1 to 11 and players wore the number that denoted the Position the were playing in that game

Aye.

You knew where you were when it was 1-11.

Occasionally some one would confuse by wearing 11 and playing LB whilst the 3 was playing sweeper.

I remember that in some games Mike Summerbee wore the number 7 shirt. While Tony Coleman wore the number 11 shirt. However they would swap wings during the game just to confuse the defenders, so that they didn't know who they would be up against.

I reckon these will be the changes if we get our two main targets.

Ederson 1
Koulibaly 3
Laporte 4
Messi 10
Rodrigo 14
Aguero 16
I’m sure Sergio wanted rid of 16 because he originally chose it due to some link with his ex (Maradona’s daughter) so if that’s the case I can’t imagine he’d take it back? Can’t find a link to back that up but I’m sure that was why he chose 16 in the first place

Gundog is getting the number 1 shirt as he's always first on the team sheet...

They did, but if you go back to the 50’s and 60’s and look at the team sheets you’ll find that a player would wear the same shirt number all season and most of the games it would be the same players, none or one sub and you’d usually only not play if you had a broken leg. It was like if you played for the school or work team and they had 3 large, 2 small 5 medium and a goalie shirt and you had to wear whichever number was on the shirt that fitted you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.