Squad rebuilding ongoing

Why won't they, they've got a far younger squad than we have, are far fitter and are working as a unit, much more consistently than we can manage. I'd say they've overtaken us by a distance this season.

If by fitter you mean kick and rush then I agree. Klopp is doing England+ football. Lets see how they deal with some shit reffing now they won it.

Ederson, Cancelo, Garcia, Mendy, Zinchenko, Stones, Laporte, Foden, Rodri, Bernardo, Sterling, Sané (if he stays for one more year) and Jesus are all on the younger sides of their prime or not even there yet. Gundogan, De Bruyne, Walker, and Mahrez are all in their best years. It'll only be Aguero, Fernandinho, and Otamendi next season who could be classed as past their best years.

All the players here are 26 or under:

Ederson (Oldest player at 26)

Cancelo
Stones
Laporte
Mendy

Rodri
Foden
Bernardo

Sterling
Jesus
Sané

A couple changes may be needed over the next couple of years, but the idea we have an ageing side is a bit off. The one above looks great and that's without Walker, De Bruyne or Mahrez.

Once more we are the highest goal scorers in the league but we have conceded 33 goals in 31 games.

We have a wealth of attacking talent and spending £100 million on the front line makes very little impact to our points total, winning 4-0 as opposed to 3-0 gets you no more points.

£100 million spent on the defence as long as it is spent right makes a major difference, turn 5 of our defeats into 3 wins and 2 draws and you gain 11 points. It's obvious what we need to do and hopefully Pep can see it as well, i hope we target defenders who can defend rather than attack.
We all agree that defence is the priority, but improving the attack would improve our points tally if we stopped wasting chances and cocking up practically every counter attack we have. I think we need to improve both. But the defence by more.

Younger than Robertson we have Cancelo, LaPorte, Stones, Mendy, Bernado, Sterling, Sane (for now), Rodri, Zinchenko, Angelino, Jesus, Foden and Eric Garcia. Hardly a younger squad. Your turn Fordy Boy

I do think this is at least a 2 summer window job.
City don’t pay the mega wages others do so unless that changes it is an obstacle which may mean some targets don’t come.
Others are going to strengthen. Rags and Chelsea already look like they will have good squads next season.
Hopefully the new Coach and CAS and Peps future being sorted out will give the boost we need.
We are still a very good squad but we need a lot doing in next couple of seasons

I wonder how Liverpool will cope next season when the African Cup Of Nations kicks in and even if they throw the cup competitions again they will cope with two games every week. Maybe the doping will come in handy....oops!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.