Squad shape after the next 4 years?

WallyA

How do you guys see our squad shaping up after the more senior players leave?
Just curious on people's opinion's about this, and may learn of some young players you guys fancy at the club in the future. For example I would envision something like this:

Sancho/Sane------------------------Jesus/Unal---------------------------Roberts/Sterling
---------------------------Kevin/Diaz-------------Foden/B Silva
-------------------------------------Gundogan/A Garcia
Mendy/Duhaney-------------Stones/(Another CB)-----------Adarabioyo/Latibaudiere-----------Walker/Maffeo

Honorable mentions: Gonzalez, Zinchenko, Nmecha, M Garcia, Fernandes, Matt Smith

These are guys I couldn't fit in but 2 of them could probably replace Kevin and Gundogan in more years down the line.

Curious how others might see the squad shape up in the future!

I'd say only 3 or 4 of the homegrown lads will come through and hold their own. I like your positive thinking though.

It is going to take an extraordinary individual to break into this team as a teenager and stay there long term. If I had to pick one to do it, I'd place my money on Phil Foden.

I'd say only 3 or 4 of the homegrown lads will come through and hold their own. I like your positive thinking though.

It is going to take an extraordinary individual to break into this team as a teenager and stay there long term. If I had to pick one to do it, I'd place my money on Phil Foden.
Yes it's very hopeful thinking I agree! With how much money players are going for nowadays, I imagine the prices will keep rising, in the future I imagine the club will rely more on the academy than in the present, they will also be more mature (around 20 years of age) as well and can probably be more relied on.

I also just picked the best I think have the chance, also have a vacated CB spot that I think will go to us signing somebody. Also Duhaney and Maffeo are my outside shots as well but I like the thought :)

Yes it's very hopeful thinking I agree! With how much money players are going for nowadays, I imagine the prices will keep rising, in the future I imagine the club will rely more on the academy than in the present, they will also be more mature (around 20 years of age) as well and can probably be more relied on.

I also just picked the best I think have the chance, also have a vacated CB spot that I think will go to us signing somebody. Also Duhaney and Maffeo are my outside shots as well but I like the thought :)

We've had a few lads break through in the last 7 or 8 years and then fade out, looks to be the case for Iheanacho too. The main thing that is stopping them is the stakes are much higher at the club these days, chasing silverware on all 4 fronts. The manager can't experiment due to this pressure.

There are lads who were probably good enough under the last 3 or 4 bosses who have ended up moving on. It could well be another 7 or 8 years before the academy and first team is self sustainable, and we get an influx of both British and European homegrown players into the first team. But players develop at different stages, who's to say we won't drop a bollock like United did with Pogba. The stakes are high, and we are one of the clubs nowadays that will happily fork out £50m+ fees on young players to bring in quick success.

We've had a few lads break through in the last 7 or 8 years and then fade out, looks to be the case for Iheanacho too. The main thing that is stopping them is the stakes are much higher at the club these days, chasing silverware on all 4 fronts. The manager can't experiment due to this pressure.

There are lads who were probably good enough under the last 3 or 4 bosses who have ended up moving on. It could well be another 7 or 8 years before the academy and first team is self sustainable, and we get an influx of both British and European homegrown players into the first team. But players develop at different stages, who's to say we won't drop a bollock like United did with Pogba. The stakes are high, and we are one of the clubs nowadays that will happily fork out £50m+ fees on young players to bring in quick success.
I understand your point, but I imagine the money being too high for the model to be reasonable. For example you say we will happily fork out 50m+, I agree, but that won't be the case, the prices are going so high that we would have to pay 100m+ for players of the required level in the future.

I don't necessarily want to discuss the squad I picked though, I just presented how I imagine it in the future. I do want to see what you and other's imagine, like who are the players you'd like to see.

I understand your point, but I imagine the money being too high for the model to be reasonable. For example you say we will happily fork out 50m+, I agree, but that won't be the case, the prices are going so high that we would have to pay 100m+ for players of the required level in the future.

I don't necessarily want to discuss the squad I picked though, I just presented how I imagine it in the future. I do want to see what you and other's imagine, like who are the players you'd like to see.

Football changes though mate, and the amount of money involved in revenue and TV at the highest level. Imagine 10 years ago if someone said £100m fees would become the norm, you'd think they were crazy. Look at Kylian Mbappe, 12 months ago he was probably worth a £10m punt as a 17 yr old. Now valued at £130m after his first season.

For me, I'd love to see Adarabioyo, Foden, Sancho, Diaz and Nmecha break through. 3 of which are local lads, and all a range of positions. As for future signings, it all depends on how players peak I.e Mbappe. If players of that ilk and age become available we will take a punt. I remember seeing Bernardo Silva at the under 21 Euros 2 years ago and saying I think he will be Messi's replacement. We now have a coach who can attract these players, like Jesus, Sane, Bernardo, Ederson. These lads are normally off to Barca and Real. I'd like us to look out for Kimpembe and Rabiot at PSG. Both left footed, I reckon Kimpembe will be the best centre back in the world once Ramos, Silva, Godin, Kompany, Chiellini, Bonucci etc all get further into their 30s. Rabiot is a defensive midfielder, who we let go from our academy aged 15.

How do you guys see our squad shaping up after the more senior players leave?
Just curious on people's opinion's about this, and may learn of some young players you guys fancy at the club in the future. For example I would envision something like this:

Sancho/Sane------------------------Jesus/Unal---------------------------Roberts/Sterling
---------------------------Kevin/Diaz-------------Foden/B Silva
-------------------------------------Gundogan/A Garcia
Mendy/Duhaney-------------Stones/(Another CB)-----------Adarabioyo/Latibaudiere-----------Walker/Maffeo

Honorable mentions: Gonzalez, Zinchenko, Nmecha, M Garcia, Fernandes, Matt Smith

These are guys I couldn't fit in but 2 of them could probably replace Kevin and Gundogan in more years down the line.

Curious how others might see the squad shape up in the future!

I think those teams might struggle a little, unless thats the Invisible man in the goals....... ;0)
But it might solve the problem of a ball-playing goalie by reverting to the old school system of a fly goalie/nearest to the net is goalie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.