Squad shape/formations

I'm not sold on the at the back. Two main reasons:

WBs limit the opportunities for wingers to play really wide and stretch the defence, and I would rather it was Sané and Sterling occupying those areas.

Our three best CBs don't have the passing range you need for it to work. To me, it feels like a wasted man in defence - unlike when you have transitioned into three at the back, with 2CBs and one very deep midfielder.

I'm sure we'll use 352 often enough, and it will work, but it doesn't feel as effective as 433.

Too me 3-5-2 is not working. Jesus and Aguero are not working well together. Our centre backs see loads of the ball and so our weakest ball players are starting much of the play. We pen teams back so much do we need 3 there? I did think Kompany and Ote did ok tonight. Sane is lost playing left WB. I hope we ditch it for the weekend. A fit Mendy can't come soon enough.
I'd welcome us getting Sane and Sterling out wide playing it into the box for Aguero or Jesus.

We can keep it but ffs don't play sane as a wing back Mandy when fit or Danilo. Sane is a pure winger pep fucked up there for me!

Too me 3-5-2 is not working. Jesus and Aguero are not working well together. Our centre backs see loads of the ball and so our weakest ball players are starting much of the play. We pen teams back so much do we need 3 there? I did think Kompany and Ote did ok tonight. Sane is lost playing left WB. I hope we ditch it for the weekend. A fit Mendy can't come soon enough.
I'd welcome us getting Sane and Sterling out wide playing it into the box for Aguero or Jesus.
352 is pointless over management. I've banged on about it enough but it totally stifles our play. The game against Brighton, the first half tonight-dull, slow, predictable football. So much wrong with it. 3 central defenders holding hands out of possession, in possession having far too much of the ball. Wing backs caught between two stools, not getting high enough up the pitch to get behind the opposition and vulnerable to the ball down the channel. Recycled balls into midfield, strikers back to goal, suffocates space-frustrates the players and ends up with diagonal balls clipped in or pot shots. Irrelevant that Mendy will be better than Sane there-of course he wil, but play Mendy and walker as attacking full backs and sane and sterling wide. I cannot express how much I despise 352.

Very difficult decision. Will obviously suit our new full backs but I don't like the Aguero/Jesus partnership and it means Sané and Sterling will be surplus to requirements or played out of position. I'd play 4-3-3 but I think he'll keep the wingbacks for now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.