Squad strength and cost

Good idea for a thread.

It is a very close comparison. Although you could argue the figures, for example Milners fee was around 28mill, plus we gave them Ireland, who was rated at around 8mill (don't ask how). Plus there is no Kolo Toure on our squad list, who we paid a ridiculous 16mill for. Also Zaha is not part of their squad, and his fee is potentially £15mill, I'd guess they paid half of that. I can guess their argument would be along the lines of 'our fees paid are over 10years whilst yours is over 3 years'. Which you can't disagree with to be honest, but it's proved a good decision in the success we've had.

Both squads are strong. Our first XI can easily be argued to be better than theirs. We've had a bit of bad luck with injuries, and the ACN.

A_Random_Fan said:
Good idea for a thread.

It is a very close comparison. Although you could argue the figures, for example Milners fee was around 28mill, plus we gave them Ireland, who was rated at around 8mill (don't ask how). Plus there is no Kolo Toure on our squad list, who we paid a ridiculous 16mill for. Also Zaha is not part of their squad, and his fee is potentially £15mill, I'd guess they paid half of that. I can guess their argument would be along the lines of 'our fees paid are over 10years whilst yours is over 3 years'. Which you can't disagree with to be honest, but it's proved a good decision in the success we've had.

Both squads are strong. Our first XI can easily be argued to be better than theirs. We've had a bit of bad luck with injuries, and the ACN.

Milner cost 24m in total.

de niro said:
A_Random_Fan said:
Good idea for a thread.

I could post links to articles that agree with both total fees, that's why I said you could argue most of the fees.

Whether it's 24 or 28m, it's overpriced. RvP was 24m for fucks sake; and I've seen people argue that was overpriced.

As far as "home grown" youngsters are concerned, a figure of £0 is slightly misleading because of the hidden costs. United, being richer, have historically had the advantage at junior level being able to fund a wider scouting network and buy houses and other perks for the families which we simply haven't. In short, I'd suggest that it's likely they've historically massively outspent us in that Department too. But now we can compete since those costs can be hidden for the purposes of FFPR.

Slightly tangentially, it is also misleading when they claim to have "discovered" Ronaldo. In fact, apart from the fact that most rich clubs were looking at him, they took the same chance on Ronaldo as they took on other youngsters such as Tosic and his mate that no-one can remember. Buy enough of them and one will pay off. He wasn't cheap either. The season United bought Ronaldo for £12.2m, our entire transfer outlay was £9.8m.

A_Random_Fan said:
de niro said:
A_Random_Fan said:
Good idea for a thread.

I could post links to articles that agree with both total fees, that's why I said you could argue most of the fees.

Whether it's 24 or 28m, it's overpriced. RvP was 24m for fucks sake; and I've seen people argue that was overpriced.

articles are one thing the truth is another. i'm suprised rvp wasn't a free according to the rag media. had we signed him he would have cost 40m plus.

de niro said:
A_Random_Fan said:
Good idea for a thread.

It was 16m and Ireland cost us nothing we just got him if our wage bill

Our squad is still excellent, the mess of last summer's transfer window as we all know did not strengthen the 1st team though and that is the issue this year.

We left it far to late last summer and ended up rushing into signings within the last week of the window.

The nucleus of the squad is in place, all that is required is to sign the required players to put alongside those considered the core group, and next season we will have a 1st team and squad that will allow Bobby to not only win the title but go for the CL as well.

HART
ZABA
KOMPANY
NASTASIC
CLICHY
YAYA
SILVA
AGUERO

Those above is who i would consider our current core players (micah is in there as well but i am talking in terms of who has played this season)

Txiki and Bobby will already be establishing who is required and I believe we will have our main priority targets signed well in advance of pre-season. Allowing Txiki to then concentrate of bulking up the players for the academy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.