Squad Strengthening In Not So Distant Future

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Trautmann's Chiropractor, 13 Sep 2018.

1. Dax777

Dax777

So true. Chillwell did look Pep-ish though.

2. bangkokblueballs

bangkokblueballs

Sorry I have to disagree. Walker is a beast, by far the best right back in the league. I will admit he is prone to lapses of concentration but what he gives us in an attacking threat cannot be underestimated.

The Riot Club likes this.
  3. balotelli's back pocket

balotelli's back pocket

Oh bollocks, how the bloody hell did I do that?! Our most important player.

Edited now mate

4. balotelli's back pocket

balotelli's back pocket

Foden and Gundogan may have something to say about that...

Franknorgrovesnephew likes this.
  5. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Team supported:
    Manchester City is my team - until I fucking die.
    For me, we're currently weakest at striker and holding-mid. Jesus, although good, isn't quite good enough; and Fernandinho is nearing the end of his career.

Might we possibly tempt Mbappe? If we could possibly sign him (doubtful), I think that this would be the best possible improvement to our side.

6. colesy

colesy

Jeez, they’re trying to ban us for transfer dealings from years ago, they’d have bloody kittens if we signed Mbappe. Lol

7. salfordbluetrue

salfordbluetrue

Well Sterling signed Muric came in, fer Bravo anybody upset? we signed a new goalie that will be quality Merlins replacement is Bernardo . But there is still gaps at LB CB CDM and ST I believe we need at least one in January and with the exception of ST all are back ups so money is not an issue youth and potential are

8. Gabriel

Gabriel

We'll presumably sign players in the coming windows to plug the various gaps and improve in certain areas. The one notion I would like clarified, however, is that we need, or indeed that Guardiola favours, large, powerful fullbacks. The signings of Walker, Danilo, and Mendy suggest that we do have 'a type', as, too, did the summer sale of the smaller Maffeo and Angelino. Yet we were rumoured to be close to signing Alves at one point, so presumably size really isn't everything. Would be interested in hearing Guardiola's thoughts on this.

9. Thorin Oakenshield

Thorin Oakenshield

I assume Bravo and Zinchenko are out in the summer. If we bought back Gunn I think he counts as a club trained player.....? Am I right? Would he come back? If we got him in then we could sign 2 more players, Chillwell and De Jong/Ndombele

10. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Team supported:
    Team Pep
    Why would we bring Gunn back? He left because he needs to play first team football.