Squad Strengthening In Not So Distant Future

Kompany - 2019 - New 1 year deal (followed by a non-playing role at the club)
Agüero - 2020 - Released (back home)
Merlin - 2020 - Released (back home)
Sterling - 2020 - New deal (5 years)
Fernandinho - 2020 - Retire/release (possible non-playing role)
Gundogan - 2020 - New deal (3/4 years)
Delph - 2020 - New deal (rolling 1 year deals?)
Bravo - 2020 - Release (or sell before)

+ Díaz - 2019 - new contract (hopefully)
Foden - 2020 - New contract (5 years)

Muric can replace Bravo.

Eric García and Philippe Sandler would be the main contenders to replace Kompany in the squad. Stones and Laporte will probably hold down the CB pairing for a while. Other options include Adarabioyo, Palmer-Brown, Humphreys and Ogbeta.

Silva in. Silva out. Bernardo seems the perfect heir apparent. I imagine Foden and Díaz can also take more responsibilities. Bernabé, Manu García, Garré, Arzani and other options in reserve.

Agüero and Fernandinho need replacing + a new DM additon anyway. So that's 2 DMs and a striker.

Ruben Neves/Frenkie De Jong/Julian Weigl
Tanguy Ndombele/Santiago Ascacíbar/Rodrigo Bentacur
Patrick Cutrone/Kasper Dolberg/Jean-Kévin Augustin

Got to remember we got gomes and Luiz that could be the future in the holding mid role that said would love us to bring in rabiot on a free alderweirld in for Otamendi on a free in the summer just a Sergio replacement needed which is going to be so difficult imo I think dyabala could be it but I'm sure our scouts are on it

kompany - depends on how he feels/body is holding up. wouldn't surprise me if he gets rolling one year deals starting next summer
aguero - leaving in 2020 in all likelihood, probably sign a young(ish) striker to replace him.
Merlin - leaving in 2020, foden and bernardo to replace him
sterling - will re-sign
Dinho - will leave in 2020, replace him this summer
Gundogan - depends on him. if he wants to stay pep will keep him. if not then he goes this summer.
delph - new contract soon
bravo - released this summer

If Bernardo fulfills his potential he’ll become even better than David, which is brilliant but sad at the same time!

Those are some very big Y-fronts to fill but hopefully you're right!

Aguero is the one I really struggle to see where a replacement will come from. There seems a real lack of world class strikers under 25 these days. Mbappe I just cannot see as he will end up in Spain. After that I really can’t see an obvious target.

Other than that, the squad will evolve and we already have the building blocks in place to progress when anyone leaves.

He's a superb striker but my god he is an arsehole through to his very core. Would much rather avoid, though I agree he's better than Dybala.

Oh? What has he done to deserve that epithet? Not questioning you, but wondering, as I didn't know this.

Oh? What has he done to deserve that epithet? Not questioning you, but wondering, as I didn't know this.
Apparently he is not on good terms with several of his teammates, but he's most known for stealing his friend Maxi Lopez' wife, while they still were together

I honestly wouldn't know who to buy for the CDM position.
My two dream signings that would complete City for 7-8 years would be Matthijs De Ligt (to pair with Laporte) and Kylian Mbappe (to play with Jesus as left winger and Sané as a right winger, both cutting inside).

Matthijs De Ligt would be my number one choice for replacing Kompany. And I would snatch him in a heartbeat if he signals he wants to leave Ajax, and let Kompany go. You cannot find a better and more promising centre back in the world. No discussion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.