Stadia and training facilities of top 9

JASR

ClubState of StadiumTraining facilitiesNotes
CityModernUltra modernRoom for expansion/additions as required for both stadium and facilities
UnitedOutdatedModernerised, but leasedStadium also spectator cramped, no screens and expandable by complete rebuild
LeicesterModernUltra ModernExpandable, I think
West HammodernPoorNot expandable, poor views
ChelseaModernModernExpandable by complete rebuild
LiverpooladequateUltra modernSome poor views, no screens. Expandable.
EvertonUltra modern*Modern, leasedNot expandable
Aston VillaAdequateModernisedRoom for expansion/additions
TottenhamUltra modernultra ModernNot expandable
Arsenalmodern

* Everton stadium state based on future confirmed plans

Last edited:
Good thread!

But I'd disagree on a few points:

It might only be ten years old and subsequently have been repurposed but I wouldn't describe West Ham's stadium as ultra modern at all. It's just a basic concrete bowl with terrible views and poor facilities. Also worth pointing out that it is leased.

Stamford Bridge is only expandable by way of a complete rebuild.

I wouldn't describe Anfield as especially outdated. Nor would a complete rebuild be required for any expansion. Plans for increased capacity via the redevelopment of the Anfield Road end are more advanced than Everton's plans for a new stadium.

Everton's training ground is leased.

Spurs' training facility is ultra modern.

Any reason why you've listed just the top 9? Arsenal probably worth including in any such list.

Good thread!

It might only be ten years old and subsequently have been repurposed but I wouldn't describe West Ham's stadium as ultra modern at all. It's just a basic concrete bowl with terrible views and poor facilities. Also worth pointing out that it is leased.

I wouldn't describe Anfield as especially outdated. Nor would a complete rebuild be required for any expansion. Plans for increased capacity via the redevelopment of the Anfield Road end are more advanced than Everton's plans for a new stadium.

Any reason why you've listed just the top 9? Arsenal probably worth including in any such list.
ta,

editted.

couldn’t work out how to make table bigger than x10!

Last edited:
Looking at old trafford and anfield compared to the likes of spurs and arsenal stadiums,isn’t it time they came into the 21st century they look completely outdated,historical grounds yes but totally outdated,Everton’s looks fantastic what’s the timescale for the completion on that ..

Good thread!

West Ham's ground has poor facilities? Perfectly fine, in my opinion. Shite views but no problems with anything else. Not sure why you have to point out it is leased.

I queued 20mins at the new WHL and still didn't get served. It was dreadful. I honestly don't get the fuss about the new Spurs ground. As an away fan, new WHL is inferior to The Emirates, in my opinion.

Spurs' training ground is fine but not all the teams can be accommodated there.

I’d say our stadium needs serious money spending on it to bring it up to modern standards. The club has spent loads on the corporate facilities but now they’re all finished it’s about time they expanded the bars and somehow added more toilet facilities on the concourses. If it was up to me I’d widen the footprint of the stadium and incorporate all of the above within it.

West Ham's ground has poor facilities? Perfectly fine, in my opinion. Shite views but no problems with anything else. Not sure why you have to point out it is leased.

I queued 20mins at the new WHL and still didn't get served. It was dreadful. I honestly don't get the fuss about the new Spurs ground. As an away fan, new WHL is inferior to The Emirates, in my opinion.

Spurs' training ground is fine but not all the teams can be accommodated there.

What I mean is that West Ham's stadium facilities are poor for such a new stadium. Hardly surprising because they are an afterthought - like most of the stadium, given that three quarters of it was due to be dismantled after the Olympics. The point is that the facilities certainly can't be described as "ultra modern". And I only pointed out that the stadium is leased because the original poster made a point of Man Utd's training ground being leased. I got the impression that ownership (or not) was one of the criteria that he wanted to include in his comparison.

I'll take your word for what it's like in the away at Spurs' new stadium. The vast majority of reviews from away fans, though, have been positive. How many games have you been to there?

Not sure what you mean by the new Spurs training ground not being able to accommodate all teams. The first team, reserves, academy and women's team all train there.

What I mean is that West Ham's stadium facilities are poor for such a new stadium. Hardly surprising because they are an afterthought - like most of the stadium, given that three quarters of it was due to be dismantled after the Olympics. The point is that the facilities certainly can't be described as "ultra modern". And I only pointed out that the stadium is leased because the original poster made a point of Man Utd's training ground being leased. I got the impression that ownership (or not) was one of the criteria that he wanted to include in his comparison.

I'll take your word for what it's like in the away at Spurs' new stadium. The vast majority of reviews from away fans, though, have been positive. How many games have you been to there?

Not sure what you mean by the new Spurs training ground not being able to accommodate all teams. The first team, reserves, academy and women's team all train there.
There's leases and there's rent. West Ham have a long term operating lease on their stadium (as do we) rags are renting their training ground.

Been to the new WHL twice. How many times I have to go for my opinion to be valid ;)

Spurs cannot comfortably accommodate all teams. That's why the women's team are moving to a site nearby. Not sure that is public knowledge. Thus, I won't say where the site is. Locals will not be happy.

Regardless of what you may think of the facilities at the WHL, it is still the worst away fan experience, in my opinion, out of all the main stadiums in London. Would much prefer to go to Fulham, Chelsea, West Ham and Arsenal. It is better than QPR though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.