Stadium ban appeal

City issue a ban for many reasons, but the policy in practice remains the same. If a supporter is accused of something, that supporter is automatically given a 3 match ban regardless of the supporters view being taken into account. If i was to find myself arrested at any football ground where city play, regardless of what the police decide to do (even if they completely drop the charge) city would automatically issue a ban. City are not interested in the supporters view - they always take the view of the accuser.

I have no issue with a supporter being given a ban if they have been caught doing something wrong.

hear about it happening alot

wow that is shite. even if later found not guilty they can ban someone and we lose our season ticket? Fuck me that is draconian

The question of losing a season ticket doesnt arise at the point of the ban. The ban is issued for 3 matches straight away.

There is a lot the club are getting wrong at the moment and most of it involves the match going fan who has supported them through thin and thinner for many years. Someone need to sit down with the club and explain what it is like to be a City fan and what we want from out club.

So goatboy is a racist?

No he's sheepish

*Gets pitchfork*

It depends what the ban is for. Probably overzealous clapping.

Away at anfield for the league cup semi-final second leg. De jong scores and a copper walks in to the away end, grabs a lad stood in front of me and start dragging him out, asked him why he was being taken out "over aggressive celebrating"......................

The length of ban is discretionary and determined by the club/GMP, the supporter has no access to any kind of hearing to provide their interpretation of events. I can understand the club excluding someone if the offence is a risk to public safety - but many times they are not. If you are accused of anything you are punished with a ban, if you are subsequently cleared of all charges, you have still been punished. Many clubs (in conjunction with the police) would apply to a magistrate to issue a banning order if they thought it necessary but at least the accused would have the opportunity to respond to the accusations and an independent person would make the decision. The FSF maintain City are one of the worst for this knee jerk justice.

Away at anfield for the league cup semi-final second leg. De jong scores and a copper walks in to the away end, grabs a lad stood in front of me and start dragging him out, asked him why he was being taken out "over aggressive celebrating"......................

I can trump that mate..

A mate of mine got thrown out at the swamp in the League Cup semi (2009?) for aggressive balloon throwing at the front of the top tier.

City issue a ban for many reasons, but the policy in practice remains the same. If a supporter is accused of something, that supporter is automatically given a 3 match ban regardless of the supporters view being taken into account. If i was to find myself arrested at any football ground where city play, regardless of what the police decide to do (even if they completely drop the charge) city would automatically issue a ban. City are not interested in the supporters view - they always take the view of the accuser.

I have no issue with a supporter being given a ban if they have been caught doing something wrong.

I haven't missed a home game for over 41 years. If I was given a ban when I hadn't done anything wrong I'd seriously consider getting a subscription to SKY / BT and becoming a TV fan. No doubt there are plenty of tourists standing by to take my place.

City really do seem to go out of their way to piss off the long standing fans. An automatic ban with no right of appeal is not natural justice.

What is the point of complaining every home game the club mentions that supporters should sit down. What does the club do, nothing at all, The same applies to the smoking ban, the last home game as I was walking down gang way W after the game against Liverpool my coat was nearly burnt by a fan hiding a cigarette, I was going to say something to the fan but my sister said leave it you just might get a punched in the face. There was a steward near by who saw him light up but did nothing at all.

What is the point of complaining every home game the club mentions that supporters should sit down. What does the club do, nothing at all, The same applies to the smoking ban, the last home game as I was walking down gang way W after the game against Liverpool my coat was nearly burnt by a fan hiding a cigarette, I was going to say something to the fan but my sister said leave it you just might get a punched in the face. There was a steward near by who saw him light up but did nothing at all.

The clubs abject failure to enforce the smoking ban is laughable and makes a mockery of anything else they ban supporters for.

Level 1 South Stand is a joke, with young kids expected to run the gauntlet of fags at eye level, no room for a piss and smoke billowing out into the concourse. Everyone knows its happening, the stewards do nothing whilst the Club stand by and think of new ways to ban decent supporters.

You put one foot into a gangway in 116 and a jumped up steward will come careering down the Aisle to warn you of the errors of your ways.

Light a fag up in the bogs, crack on mate, we're not interested..

The main point here for me is not having a right to appeal or provide your version of events.
If someone is 'bang to rights' its a fair cop - unfortunately there are numerous incidents of fans being banned when it has not 'been a fair cop' and bluntly the police / steward has been mistaken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.