Stadium Expansion

foreverablue18 said:
oakiecokie said:
foreverablue18 said:
As great as those plans look - looking at that just makes me incredibly angry and somewhat sad as this has just got disaster written all over it for a large number of fans, people will simply not be able to afford the cheapest of those prices!

Don`t be such a drama queen.

Not in the slightest - I appreciate the need to meet financial fair play and the aim of our owners to expand our global brand etc. I just fear for SOME of the local hardcore support that may be priced out! Surely a fair judgement?

But its not a fair judgemnet is it ? If we are increasing our capacity by 12,000 additional seats,then people can relocate to an area where the costs will be at their level.This was part of the questionairre.

oakiecokie said:
foreverablue18 said:
oakiecokie said:
Don`t be such a drama queen.

Not in the slightest - I appreciate the need to meet financial fair play and the aim of our owners to expand our global brand etc. I just fear for SOME of the local hardcore support that may be priced out! Surely a fair judgement?

But its not a fair judgemnet is it ? If we are increasing our capacity by 12,000 additional seats,then people can relocate to an area where the costs will be at their level.This was part of the questionairre.

From what I read into the questionnaire - I got the feeling that the average ticket price for next season would increase a good £150 extra, whether I'm right or not's a different matter but it looks like this is pretty well drawn up and obviously under heavy-consideration by the club. Time will tell.

foreverablue18 said:
oakiecokie said:
foreverablue18 said:

From what I read into the questionnaire - I got the feeling that the average ticket price for next season would increase a good £150 extra, whether I'm right or not's a different matter but it looks like this is pretty well drawn up and obviously under heavy-consideration by the club. Time will tell.

Why would it increase by such an extortionate amount by next season ? The plans etc will not be in place for another 12/24 months at least and then with a timetable of "x" years to complete the possible update I can`t see it increasing by those sort of figures,certainly not by the start of next season.

oakiecokie said:
foreverablue18 said:
oakiecokie said:

Why would it increase by such an extortionate amount by next season ? The plans etc will not be in place for another 12/24 months at least and then with a timetable of "x" years to complete the possible update I can`t see it increasing by those sort of figures,certainly not by the start of next season.

The plans are in place, just waiting for the go ahead. Don't think there will be a dramatic hike in prices next season. I can see some parts of the stadium shooting up when it is completed

grim up north said:
oakiecokie said:
foreverablue18 said:

The plans are in place, just waiting for the go ahead. Don't think there will be a dramatic hike in prices next season. I can see some parts of the stadium shooting up when it is completed[/q
It must be at least 3 years away so a £150 increase isnt that much above what it would increase without changes over 3-4 years

oakiecokie said:
Middlesbrough_Blue said:
blueparrot said:
Middlesborough blue I presume you are now living in Middlesborough, I myself now live in Scotland, my children are both Scottish born and support City. I suspect without the new owners and success they may not have done.
When they are old enough to come down for games on their own will they be treated as Tourist out of towners you don't want, or should we expand and welcome a new generation of fans and not judge them on accent.

Personally I think out of town support is the sign of a club becoming well known and big, Look at Leeds, Newcastle and the obvious clubs they all have a large out of town support (Who attend matches)

I just think what with our new found wealth and success we have lost the right to have a go at Liverpool, scum, Arsenal fans etc with taunts about supporting their local team. It would make us look a bit stupid. Especially with the flags you now see at city.

When it comes to expanding the stadium (Hopefully in years to come) By then we should have cemented our success with more trophies and the new breed of fans will develop further. Sadly with this we will basically be a modern day man united.

You sound like one of those fans who probably thinks we`ve sold our soul and we shouldn`t be moving forward into the 21st century.If you think we don`t need to move with the times then I`m afraid you`re supporting the wrong club.
This was always going to happen whether we like it or not.

That is my point isn't it, We are becoming everything we once used to attack the scum with. So my point is, To do all this and move on as a bigger club (Which I want) then we are going to quite embarrassingly forget everything we have sung to them and other clubs over the past god knows how many years.

Done the survey (still kicking myself for ignoring the last one which took place at the Etihad!).

Given it keeps reiterating bringing south and family stands up to level three, is it likely the 60,000 figure banded about is about right and any talk of a new build and 80,000 will probably be knocked on the head? I'm guessing most of this is all in place anyhow and this is merely a 'slow release' (but guessing via all the chitter chatter from some of the more knowledgeable members on here).
I'm also sure Andy Gray is in one of those CGI shots too.. :)

Middlesbrough_Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
Middlesbrough_Blue said:
Personally I think out of town support is the sign of a club becoming well known and big, Look at Leeds, Newcastle and the obvious clubs they all have a large out of town support (Who attend matches)

I just think what with our new found wealth and success we have lost the right to have a go at Liverpool, scum, Arsenal fans etc with taunts about supporting their local team. It would make us look a bit stupid. Especially with the flags you now see at city.

When it comes to expanding the stadium (Hopefully in years to come) By then we should have cemented our success with more trophies and the new breed of fans will develop further. Sadly with this we will basically be a modern day man united.

You sound like one of those fans who probably thinks we`ve sold our soul and we shouldn`t be moving forward into the 21st century.If you think we don`t need to move with the times then I`m afraid you`re supporting the wrong club.

That is my point isn't it, We are becoming everything we once used to attack the scum with. So my point is, To do all this and move on as a bigger club (Which I want) then we are going to quite embarrassingly forget everything we have sung to them and other clubs over the past god knows how many years.

Didn't you join yesterday? RAG

Middlesbrough_Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
Middlesbrough_Blue said:

we are not becoming everything we used to attack the scum for. That only happens if our fans and our club get a sense of self entitlement and begin to think we are bigger than the game itself.

..of and none of that Emirates Cafe business (with the seating and TV's showing 'SKY SOCCER EPL'). Very Belle Vue dogs...and I told them that on the 'further comments' section of the survey.

Also....not Andy Gray, but the actor Brian Murphy from George and Mildred:

pitch_2.jpg

george.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.