Stadium/ pre match tours

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
Your thoughts

We did a stadium tour some time back and it was good. The highlight for the kids was being on tv with Pep very clear. You also felt part of City I'm going back about 5 or 6 years.

As a treat we did a pre match pitch tour before Christmas. This felt very different and not partially City if that makes sense.

We arrived at 10:30 (3pm ko) I was taken aback as to how busy the place was, and tours were already going on. The shop was busy as that was the meeting point, wonder why ?!.

The tour itself was ok but I felt so out of place I'm a FOC this didnt feel like my City unlike the stadium tour. Sadly for me it sort of set the tone for the day. I was pissed of that in our tour group there was RM, Barcelona, dipper, rag, plus other clubs fans. I felt out numbered at my club a very odd feeling.
The tour guide was ok but it was clearly aimed at 'new' fans, I dont need telling which goal 93:20 was scored in or which goal Gundogan scored his two in. I was fucking behind the fucking goal lol.

As a FOC I dont think the pre match tour is for us, it's not aimed at us. It felt odd being around these people who didnt know these facts. I guess its Citys way of getting new fans and going by the amount of people on the tour seems popular.

Anyone done the stadium lately ? Has it changed much over the last 5 or 6 years.

What other tours do you recommend ?

Your thoughts

We did a stadium tour time back and it was good. The highlight for the kids was being on tv with Pep very clear. You also felt part of City I'm going back about 5 or 6 years.

As a treat we did a pre match pitch tour before Christmas. This felt very different and not partially City if that makes sense.

We arrived at 10:30 (3pm ko) I was taken aback as to how busy the place was, and tours were already going on. The shop was busy as that was the meeting point, wonder why ?!.

The tour itself was ok but I felt so out of place I'm a FOC this didnt feel like my City unlike the stadium tour. Sadly for me it sort of set the tone for the day. I was pissed of that in our tour group there was RM, Barcelona, dipper, rag, plus other clubs fans. I felt out numbered at my club a very odd feeling.
The tour guide was ok but it was clearly aimed at 'new' fans, I dont need telling which goal 93:20 was scored in or which goal Gundogan scored his two in. I was fucking behind the fucking goal lol.

As a FOC I dont think the pre match tour is for us, it's not aimed at us. It felt odd being around these people who didnt know these facts. I guess its Citys way of getting new fans and going by the amount of people on the tour seems popular.

Anyone done the stadium lately ? Has it changed much over the last 5 or 6 years.

What other tours do you recommend ?

Did the stadium tour a couple of months ago with my kids. It was good, but not anything amazing. Buts of interest were the changing room, the tunnel, pitch and press conference area.

Did it mainly for my kids and for photo opportunities. The press conference part one of my kids was answering questions and the front along with a CGI Pep, which was fun.

As a fairly FOC, I'd really like to do the tour that takes in the Academy and training areas also, but the added cost was a bit much just before Xmas.

Edit. Nothing specific about the shop. We chose to go there afterwards and the trophies werent included either.l, which was disappointing. We did see them near the stadium entrance where the tour began, so got pics that we had to pay for there. Not enough made of our wins/trophies for me. Think we need to incorporate some sort of trophy cabinet/museum in the tour in future.

Quite a lot of tourists on the tour, all were properly interested. Some Dutch, some Spanish.

Last edited:
Went on Wed took brother in law over from Australia was brilliant really enjoyed it, I've been to most of the stadium suites but to go in changing rooms was interesting learnt some stuff.
Recommend it.

Anybody done the tour on a game day? Is it signficantly curtailed, it's the same price as the full tour!. I know you don't get the dressing rooms, and maybe a few other bits, but is it much worse because it's a match day?

agree with you 100%, first did tour back in 2003 as my name was in tunnel and it really was amazing, did it again with kids back in 2009 and then again in 2015, did it on Fathers day in 2019 and again loved it but we went again on Fathers day last year and I get every point you have made, it felt totally different and felt like it was a different club even to the point I had to stop the guide on 2 occasions as she got her facts wrong, I did Ajax tour back in 2020 and Madrid and Barcelona both just after we played them in 2012 & 2014 respectively and those tours let you go where you want at what pace you want and you were left to go where you want within reason and they did have employees at every stop in case you wanted to gain any knowledge on those areas which I found a lot better, the CGI Pep is great but I feel you get rushed through pitchside and spend too long in corporate areas in a way I feel they are trying to entice you into buying these packages, I recently did a tour of Allegiant Stadium in Vegas where Raiders play and the experience when you go into the locker room was nothing like i've ever experienced, after 2 minutes of taking photos you have to put all devices away, the room goes into darkness and a hologram of their most famous coach appears and talks to you like its teamtalk at the same time you can hear voices off all team behind you and it really is like you are part of a team ready to go out for battle, unbelievable feeling

I’ve done it twice, before the takeover (it must have been just after Danny Mills’ goal as the woman doing the tour said it was her favourite goal so far at the stadium), and after the training ground was built (we saw Zinchenko there not long after he’d signed).

Most of it is a bit boring tbh but I’ll do it again when the new stand is finished.

Bought vouchers for my sister & nephew for this but in true city style the voucher codes aren't recognised so got to go down to the ground to resolve.

They did the tour a few years back but I'm led to believe it's changed now (whether it's for the better remains to be seen) but hopefully they still enjoy it

Did it years ago and enjoyed it wouldnt mind doing it again but want to look around the training facilities etc across the road aswell, presume this is dearer but cant find the link to book it anyone know where to look?

Did it years ago and enjoyed it wouldnt mind doing it again but want to look around the training facilities etc across the road aswell, presume this is dearer but cant find the link to book it anyone know where to look?
I thought it was all included as one tour? It was when I last did it. The training facilities were the best part I thought.

Scrub that, there’s different ones …

https://www.mancity.com/tours#

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.