Stamina

I started swimming about 7 years ago. Smoked since i was a kid and never been into playing sports (always been a music head) and my complete lack of health became really clear to me when my daughter was old enough to start running around in the park, and i was out of breath in no time at all. First swim, got told by one of the life guards that i needed to go in the 'floating about' pool as opposed to the lane swimming pool because i kept having to stop. Couldn't even do 50m without stopping. I now do 1km without stopping once or twice a week. Find it boring as sin (30 mins or so just swimming up and down), but the benefits from it have been pretty gobsmacking. Loads more energy, and just feel a lot healthier. Definitely worked for me.
Well done for getting up and doing something about your health.Swimmming is boring after about 20 mins,but as you say,lots of health benefits ..i do 20 lengths. Then straight out...i do a lot of power walking too...,strengthening the leg muscles,which helps the swimming....which helps the walking...

Lol I smoke weed regularly, but this is something that has been with me long before my smoking days. Was hoping someone could recommend a diet and routine good for stamina.
Left field answer here, but have you considered yoga?

Wtf is a leg up?
I thought they were to assist someone over a high wall/fence?
Lol
Yeah they are but in the gym they are also called this name
So
Lie on your back on floor , legs straight .
Hands by your sides .
Lift both legs vertically without bending them until they are at 90° to your body)
Bring them back down again to within 2 inches of the floor
Repeat 20 or 30 or 40 times - whatever suits your fitness level .
you will feel the strain in your ab/stomach area after about 20 or so but you can decide to go on and do more or stop as required

After 2 weeks the ab muscles will begin to appear provided one is not hugely overweight i.e.big beer belly
But it does work

The best way to build stamina is high intensity interval training, it will get you fit as f#ck if you can get into a strict routine of doing it and eating well...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.