Stamp Duty Change!

Matty

This isn't Facebook, there will be no status updat
Would you believe it, a government change that actually benefits me?!!

As of midnight tonight stamp duty is changing, you now pay nothing on the first £125k, but 2% on any extra between £125k and £250k.

So, for example, if you buy a £150k house, under the old scheme you paid 1% of the £150k, so £1,500 stamp duty. However, under the new scheme, you pay nothin on the first £125k, and then 2% on the remaining £25k, so £500 stamp duty, a saving of £1k!!

As I'm moving house on the 15th December this deal has just saved me the best part of £1000!

Tories are still twats though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30291460

Oh dear, I have some bad news for you OP. The change doesn't come into effect until 1st January.

Shame really.

Actually I just made that up I have no idea when it starts. Sorry.

Blue Mist said:
Oh dear, I have some bad news for you OP. The change doesn't come into effect until 1st January.

Shame really.

Actually I just made that up I have no idea when it starts. Sorry.
hahahaha......twat!

It's about time they changed the rates on stamp duty and it's fantastic. Should mean I can now afford my first home this year because on top of deposit, legals, moving costs etc that's a huge extra sum of money to fork out in stamp duty. Now it will make things a lot more affordable. Glad to see the rich being punished and it's surprising for a conservative government. I'm sure this one will go down like a sack of hefty balls in parliament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.