@STANDAMF on twitter

njmcfc1894

born longsight,live blackley,s/ticket block 118
Anyone follow these guys, they do a fanzine which Macca @paris_angel(City fan) writes a column, its basically for people to voice concerns about how modern football has gone, atmosphere, standing, seat prices , players wages etc, it also unites rivalries(for a brief moment), , its ok pointing out Arsenal but we are to blame as well, apparently United and Liverpool supporters trusts are getting together about the problems highlighted by City fans as both clubs still have to visit Arsenal.

Stan Collymore got it right the other week when he said "its ok premier league chairman sticking their head in the sand when it comes to prices etc but the tv deal will come down in price as advertisers wont pay for a product where the ground is half empty, £50 restricted at QPR,Everton £36 to sit on a wooden seat ffs

join up blues if your on twitter, we need to make a stand as a whole not just City at Arsenal but every club from city down to Rochdale

this come out this morning from football supporters fed spokesman regarding prices.

Football Supporters Federation chairman Malcolm Clarke has urged the game's authorities to wake up to the growing resentment at massively inflated ticket prices or risk huge numbers of fans turning their backs on the game.

Manchester City have sent back over 900 tickets for Sunday's game at Arsenal after supporters elected not to pay £62 to attend.

City's increased status within the English game means they have joined Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham as clubs who - due to their attractiveness - routinely get charged the highest prices for tickets.

So, whilst Stoke fans must shell out £35.50 for their visit to the Emirates next month, Blues supporters were asked to dig much deeper.

Clarke believes there is no justification for such pricing structures and, with clubs set to pocket their share of the spoils from mega TV deals that, including overseas rights, have crashed through the £4billion barrier, has called for action.

"We have not done the final calculations but we estimate clubs could cut £32 off the cost of every single ticket purely from the increase in the TV pot this time around," he said.

"I know the clubs make the argument of needing the money to attract the biggest stars but I think I know what even Manchester City fans - with their large and enthusiastic following - would go for if they were given the choice of lower ticket prices or slightly worse players than they have now.

"There are many ways of measuring what is the best league. But if you look at the Bundesliga, where fans can attend matches for 15 Euros, stand up, have a pint if they wish, and even get a ticket for the metrolink, it seems the Premier League is short changing its own supporters.

"This business of categorising matches is blatantly unfair. Just because Manchester City have a lot of money doesn't mean their supporters have, and the same is true of the other teams who get charged the highest prices every time they play.

"And if they are starting to say enough is enough, and that in turn affects the atmosphere within the stadiums, will it retain its worldwide popularity? I am not so sure it will.

"This is a real test for the Premier League.

"They seem to think football is immune from the economic situation elsewhere. But it isn't. And how it responds - especially next year - will shape the game for years to come."

Clarke believes there is a risk of an entire generation being lost to the game.

For whilst many clubs cater for junior fans with lower ticket prices, those at school leaving age usually have to pay prices which make attending matches on a weekly basis impossible.

"According to the Premier League's own figures, the average age of fans is going up all the time," said Clarke.

"If it is far cheaper to spend the afternoon in the pub, where is the incentive to attend matches? And once people get out of the habit of going to games, it is not easy to get it back."

PA

Yeah, follow Macca etc from STAND AMF and have all three of the copies - it's a fantastic read and has reinvigorated my love of the fanzine !

Articles on safe standing, price hikes, reminiscing about 'the good old days', - a top read for all those disillusioned to some extent about our great game.

Worth 'following' and worth buying Issue 3 & 2 before it as Issue 1 has sold out.

Macca's been writing about City since the fanzine days, he's a great lad and as blue as they come. Posted on here for a long time as m27.

this is one effect off ffpr that platini and gill dont seem willing to talk about - fans will be asked to dig even deeper into their pockets whilst clubs have the perfect excuse not to dig into theirs at all

nicholasjackson said:
Anyone follow these guys, they do a fanzine which Macca @paris_angel(City fan) writes a column, its basically for people to voice concerns about how modern football has gone, atmosphere, standing, seat prices , players wages etc, it also unites rivalries(for a brief moment), , its ok pointing out Arsenal but we are to blame as well, apparently United and Liverpool supporters trusts are getting together about the problems highlighted by City fans as both clubs still have to visit Arsenal.

Stan Collymore got it right the other week when he said "its ok premier league chairman sticking their head in the sand when it comes to prices etc but the tv deal will come down in price as advertisers wont pay for a product where the ground is half empty, £50 restricted at QPR,Everton £36 to sit on a wooden seat ffs

join up blues if your on twitter, we need to make a stand as a whole not just City at Arsenal but every club from city down to Rochdale

this come out this morning from football supporters fed spokesman regarding prices.

Football Supporters Federation chairman Malcolm Clarke has urged the game's authorities to wake up to the growing resentment at massively inflated ticket prices or risk huge numbers of fans turning their backs on the game.

Manchester City have sent back over 900 tickets for Sunday's game at Arsenal after supporters elected not to pay £62 to attend.

City's increased status within the English game means they have joined Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham as clubs who - due to their attractiveness - routinely get charged the highest prices for tickets.

So, whilst Stoke fans must shell out £35.50 for their visit to the Emirates next month, Blues supporters were asked to dig much deeper.

Clarke believes there is no justification for such pricing structures and, with clubs set to pocket their share of the spoils from mega TV deals that, including overseas rights, have crashed through the £4billion barrier, has called for action.

"We have not done the final calculations but we estimate clubs could cut £32 off the cost of every single ticket purely from the increase in the TV pot this time around," he said.

"I know the clubs make the argument of needing the money to attract the biggest stars but I think I know what even Manchester City fans - with their large and enthusiastic following - would go for if they were given the choice of lower ticket prices or slightly worse players than they have now.

"There are many ways of measuring what is the best league. But if you look at the Bundesliga, where fans can attend matches for 15 Euros, stand up, have a pint if they wish, and even get a ticket for the metrolink, it seems the Premier League is short changing its own supporters.

"This business of categorising matches is blatantly unfair. Just because Manchester City have a lot of money doesn't mean their supporters have, and the same is true of the other teams who get charged the highest prices every time they play.

"And if they are starting to say enough is enough, and that in turn affects the atmosphere within the stadiums, will it retain its worldwide popularity? I am not so sure it will.

"This is a real test for the Premier League.

"They seem to think football is immune from the economic situation elsewhere. But it isn't. And how it responds - especially next year - will shape the game for years to come."

Clarke believes there is a risk of an entire generation being lost to the game.

For whilst many clubs cater for junior fans with lower ticket prices, those at school leaving age usually have to pay prices which make attending matches on a weekly basis impossible.

"According to the Premier League's own figures, the average age of fans is going up all the time," said Clarke.

"If it is far cheaper to spend the afternoon in the pub, where is the incentive to attend matches? And once people get out of the habit of going to games, it is not easy to get it back."

PA

substitute San Carlos for pub and its about right

You GUYS! Cheers for the kind words. Apart from you Conlon - I'll see you in the boozer.

With regard to STAND, the more involved the better. It's a shame that the first issue was limited to 1000 copies which sold out in the no time because I set my stall out in regard to my views on modern football as I knew loads would be very wary of a City fan writing on the topic. I basically explained that I and all the other City fans that have been going for years didn't suddenly change when the takeover happened. We are still the same and what has happened the last few days with the Arsenal tickets proves that.

I can imagine a few Blues have given STAND a swerve because they think it might be full of anti-City bile but nothing could be further from the truth. It's very sympathetic to all genuine fans. It also isn't a load of blokes moaning about how much better it was in 'their day'. It's balanced, informative and funny. Have a read of this which might explain a bit better

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newstatesman.com/cultural-capital/2012/12/against-modern-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newstatesman.com/cultural-ca ... n-football</a>

Keep an eye out because Issue 1 might be getting a re-print soon.

Cheers
Macca

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.