Stats - sing when you're winning

malg

In today's Mail it says that since the start of last season, we have won every league game when we've taken the lead, and are the only team to have done so (we have takent the lead in 22 games and won every one of them (Rags are 28 games and 1 defeat)). WOW - didn't know that. However, it is the Mail so I'm waiting on one of our resident Bluemoon stato's to tell me different.

malg said:
In today's Mail it says that since the start of last season, we have won every league game when we've taken the lead, and are the only team to have done so (we have takent the lead in 22 games and won every one of them (Rags are 28 games and 1 defeat)). WOW - didn't know that. However, it is the Mail so I'm waiting on one of our resident Bluemoon stato's to tell me different.

I think actually it isn't won every game. We haven't lost any but had some draws.

That's why I thought I'd ask on here. The Mail report definitely says we won every game where we've taken the lead. I thought that we'd drawn some, but it's in the Daily Mail, so it surely must be true? They wouldn't print something without firstly checking it for accuracy?

Two up v Fulham last year , finished 2-2 , took a 3-2 lead v Burnley only to end up 3-3 , spring to mind :-(

under Mancini we definitely haven't dropped a point after taking the lead. We are also unbeaten away from home since early Feb (Hull).

He's built a monster of a defence and nobody has realised it yet.

Project said:
under Mancini we definitely haven't dropped a point after taking the lead. We are also unbeaten away from home since early Feb (Hull).

He's built a monster of a defence and nobody has realised it yet.

That is a suprising stat!!

Looks like the Mail should have said, 'unbeaten' after taking the lead! Nice to see journalists getting something wrong that doesn't actually put us in a bad light.

The stat is even more impressive when you consider that no team has even equalised after we took the lead. With United, they've scored, conceded, but then scored again. Under Mancini if we take the lead it *always* stays that way. We know how to close a game out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.