Stealing Dogs.

paulchapo

I keep on seeing posts popping up online about people and gangs stealing people's pet dogs. This appears to be a worldwide crime as it hit the headlines yesterday when a poor guy employed as a dog handler was shot four times when he was walking Lady Gaga's French bulldogs just to steal them. Shocking. I couldn't believe each dog was worth ten thousand pounds, although now worth significantly more as Lady Gaga has offered five hundred thousand for their return.

While I think it is despicable people are stealing other people's pets, obviously if a lot of money is involved it will happen. It's the stealing of your average dog that isn't worth a lot of money ( Although invaluable to the people that own them) that baffles me. Why are they doing it?

I keep on seeing posts popping up online about people and gangs stealing people's pet dogs. This appears to be a worldwide crime as it hit the headlines yesterday when a poor guy employed as a dog handler was shot four times when he was walking Lady Gaga's French bulldogs just to steal them. Shocking. I couldn't believe each dog was worth ten thousand pounds, although now worth significantly more as Lady Gaga has offered five hundred thousand for their return.

While I think it is despicable people are stealing other people's pets, obviously if a lot of money is involved it will happen. It's the stealing of your average dog that isn't worth a lot of money ( Although invaluable to the people that own them) that baffles me. Why are they doing it?
Despicable is the right word for it. Unfortunately with lockdown it would appear that people have been keen to get a dog and as with anything, demand makes the price go up.
Scrotes see it as easy money and much easier than trying to break into a house that will more than likely have someone in due to lockdown.

Last edited:
iStock_000018181647_Medium-1200x1200.jpg

Happened to a friend of ours. They were Frenchie's, too. 4 pups stolen, 3 returned after a post went viral, 1 never came back. I remember how utterly distraught the owner was.

It's despicable, a pet is part of the family and sentencing should match that when these scrotes are caught.

When I was a kid dogs were free as somebody always knew someone who's dog had just had puppies and they needed homes for them. Aside from expensive breeds I am baffled there's money to be made in this crime.

People will steal for breeding, dog fighting, or just for the sake of stealing in the hope of getting the reward.
I was warned that my retired greyhound was being eyed up by certain locals when l popped into a local Tesco and was surprised to learn they are used for illegal hare coursing.
The same sort of people looking at my pugnacious Staffie are more predictable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.