Stealing Dogs.

Before I got my dog I went to a lot of shelters, none of them would let me have a dog because I work a regular hours job and thought it was wrong leaving a dog at home while I work, not sure how that's worse than one being in a cage with no love for 23 hours a day but anyhow..... Staffies of all the dogs seemed to get what was going on, they were absolutely desperate for someone to take them. Really bright and lovely dogs, sadly with a bad rep because of a few bad owners.
Yes, you have to lie to them about that or you will not be able to rescue a dog and give it a decent life, they are fucking bat shit crazy in some of these places.

I rescued ours from the Dogs Trust in Liverpool (of all places) we went to see the dog on the Saturday, all the way from Carlisle but obviously they wouldn't let us take him home that day but if our home passed an inspection we could take him the following weekend, I said it is a 4 hour round trip and I am working the following Saturday but nope.

Got a phone call on the Monday saying they couldn't send anybody up to view the house so could we do a video of the house and garden.

I was in the middle of rescaping the garden so it was like a builders yard, I had to move everything around the garden while she stopped and started the video until she got a panoramic view of it looking clean and spotless.

For the next week, I was working in the dark after work laying 4-5 ton of slate chippings before the dog arrived.

But they asked us if we worked full time, I said I did but the wife was a stay at home wife and they were fine with that but she works part time and the dog has never batted an eyelid in 3 years about it.

As you said a loving home or a cage and possibly being put down.

Thought it said stealing OGS and had to agree.

He's robbing a living as a Football Manager : -)

Yes, you have to lie to them about that or you will not be able to rescue a dog and give it a decent life, they are fucking bat shit crazy in some of these places.

I rescued ours from the Dogs Trust in Liverpool (of all places) we went to see the dog on the Saturday, all the way from Carlisle but obviously they wouldn't let us take him home that day but if our home passed an inspection we could take him the following weekend, I said it is a 4 hour round trip and I am working the following Saturday but nope.

Got a phone call on the Monday saying they couldn't send anybody up to view the house so could we do a video of the house and garden.

I was in the middle of rescaping the garden so it was like a builders yard, I had to move everything around the garden while she stopped and started the video until she got a panoramic view of it looking clean and spotless.

For the next week, I was working in the dark after work laying 4-5 ton of slate chippings before the dog arrived.

But they asked us if we worked full time, I said I did but the wife was a stay at home wife and they were fine with that but she works part time and the dog has never batted an eyelid in 3 years about it.

As you said a loving home or a cage and possibly being put down.
I worked with a girl whose future hubby was the manager. They didn't seem too worried about me working full time but checked the house and garden.
Despite living on site she had never been up the hill to those roundhouse kennels - too upsetting for her. It's not easy going round them, a bit like going down the red light area of Amsterdam with the dogs staring out.
As another poster points out there were quite a few Staffies there but not as many as RSPCA Warrington Glad to say there was one less when l left, still going strong 8 years later.

Working at Manchester dogs home putting an incinerator in (for the dog mess ) I’d say 80% were staffies , heartbreaking seeing them , they’re almost asking you to take them home. By the way the dog walking volunteers do a fantastic job
Thanks for the compliment Pablo.
I have been a volunteer dog walker at MCDH for a couple of years now,although I have only done a couple of months walking in the past 12 months due to the pandemic.
And you are right about wanting to take the dogs back home, I must have said at least a dozen times that I would think about having a particular dog as a pet,but then always thought better of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.