Steam Trains

Most of them run on tracks. Was on this one last week.

70ac363a4ecd8689dab21c8929aabec5.jpg

Oh Casey Jones, a steamin' an' a rollin'
Casey Jones, you'll never have to guess
When you hear the tootin' of the whistle
It's Casey at the throttle of the Cannonball Express.

And don't get me started on Casey jnr, Fireman Wally and the rest of the crew.

Simply put, anything which will burn is used to generate heat. (The main types of fuel used are oil and coal.)
This heat boils water which produces steam. The steam is fed through pipes of ever decreasing diameter (increasing the pressure) which is then fed into the cylinders to provide the power to drive the wheels.
I hope this answers your question.

Simply put, anything which will burn is used to generate heat. (The main types of fuel used are oil and coal.)
This heat boils water which produces steam. The steam is fed through pipes of ever decreasing diameter (increasing the pressure) which is then fed into the cylinders to provide the power to drive the wheels.
No

Shirley it's the rapidly expansion of the steam in the cylinder that provides the motive power? The compressor of the steam through the reducing diameters is to allow for the rapid expansion? Discuss:-)

The original question was whether steam trains ran on steam.
The answer is, of course, yes.
I was merely explaining where the steam came from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.