Stefan Ortega

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's difficult to read into a highlight reel but some of his saves look unreal. Apparently distribution is decent also. Second most saves in bundesliga last year behind Sonner. A top back up option I gotta say- I'd think Stefen would be leaving therefore (hopefully get a bit of cash for him also)

Wasn't some talk that Steffen would want to leave this summer with a view to getting regular game time so he could stake a better claim to being the USA's first choice in the World Cup? Presumably we'd get a fee for him so replacing him for free would also be a boost to our challenge for the net spend trophy.

Wasn't some talk that Steffen would want to leave this summer with a view to getting regular game time so he could stake a better claim to being the USA's first choice in the World Cup? Presumably we'd get a fee for him so replacing him for free would also be a boost to our challenge for the net spend trophy.

It's in his best professional interests. Also seem to remember him mentioning that the last couple of years have been difficult for him on a personal level as well. Not sure if that's the standard covid stuff about missing home and all that but I think a fresh start will do him good.

Here is an article on him, notnsure about its reliability but is a decent insight

See why we are after him from the below

His place in Europe’s 99th percentile with 55.76 touches per game demonstrates that Bielefeld lived and died off his calmness at the back

Makes sense, Steffan probably wants a bigger role in the squad, this guy is 29 so will accept a pay rise and decent squad at a team he'll get a chance to win trophies

Plus we will likely sell Steffan for a 8-figure sum, whereas this guy is a freebie...so a little bit extra cash in the kitty

It's in his best professional interests. Also seem to remember him mentioning that the last couple of years have been difficult for him on a personal level as well. Not sure if that's the standard covid stuff about missing home and all that but I think a fresh start will do him good.
Hes a nob off the pitch. will be glad to see the back of him

Good replacement for Steffen.

Wont be replacing Eddie though looking at his numbers but a very solid backup.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.