Stephen Ireland on premier league wages

Da_Blu_Moona

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/40787.html?CMP=OTC-RSS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/st ... MP=OTC-RSS</a>

Stephen Ireland insists Premier League footballers are fully deserving of their lavish wage slips.

Ireland instantly became the biggest earning star in the Aston Villa dressing room when he signed for the midlands club earlier this week, but he has no qualms in insisting the likes of Robbie Keane, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney are worthy of their lavish earnings.

"It's not up to me to argue what any footballer should be paid and I don't have any problem in saying I'm worth the money I'm getting now," insists Ireland, who has just been handed a multi-million pound severance payment to leave Manchester City and join Aston Villa.

"I was City's Player of the Year last season and things went well for me, so I earned the right to be paid the same as most of the other players who were in the team around me every week.

"A lot of my team-mates were on much bigger money than me at City for a long time and I'd say I have only been on what I would call decent money in the last year or so. People like Micah Richards and Michael Johnson earned more than me at times when they were not even in the first eleven.

"The reports say Yaya Toure is earning £220,000 a week at City this season and it's not his fault if they want to pay him that much. He's got every right to take the money that's offered to him and anyone would do that if they were in his position.

"People find it hard to get their heads around the sort of money footballers earn, but the television money is there and the owners at City are happy to pay these wages, so there's is no reason not to take advantage of the situation."

Multi-millionaire Ireland is planning to move his family from the £5 million Manchester mansion he has used as his base in recent years and admits he has already started hunting for a house near to Villa's training base in Warwickshire.

Becoming quite the expert on all topics in football isn't he ol' stevie....

I have to say i'm surprised by his lack of proffesionalism in the micah and jono comment...

Da_Blu_Moona said:
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/40787.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Stephen Ireland insists Premier League footballers are fully deserving of their lavish wage slips.

Ireland instantly became the biggest earning star in the Aston Villa dressing room when he signed for the midlands club earlier this week, but he has no qualms in insisting the likes of Robbie Keane, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney are worthy of their lavish earnings.

"It's not up to me to argue what any footballer should be paid and I don't have any problem in saying I'm worth the money I'm getting now," insists Ireland, who has just been handed a multi-million pound severance payment to leave Manchester City and join Aston Villa.

"I was City's Player of the Year last season and things went well for me, so I earned the right to be paid the same as most of the other players who were in the team around me every week.

"A lot of my team-mates were on much bigger money than me at City for a long time and I'd say I have only been on what I would call decent money in the last year or so. People like Micah Richards and Michael Johnson earned more than me at times when they were not even in the first eleven.

"The reports say Yaya Toure is earning £220,000 a week at City this season and it's not his fault if they want to pay him that much. He's got every right to take the money that's offered to him and anyone would do that if they were in his position.

"People find it hard to get their heads around the sort of money footballers earn, but the television money is there and the owners at City are happy to pay these wages, so there's is no reason not to take advantage of the situation."

Multi-millionaire Ireland is planning to move his family from the £5 million Manchester mansion he has used as his base in recent years and admits he has already started hunting for a house near to Villa's training base in Warwickshire.

Becoming quite the expert on all topics in football isn't he ol' stevie....

I have to say i'm surprised by his lack of proffesionalism in the micah and jono comment...

With all of his recent rants,nothing suprises me anymore with Ireland.
I`ve said it before, but he has illusions of grandeur and thinks him and his missus are the Irish version of Becks and The Fookin Stick Insect !!

"I'd say I have only been on what I would call decent money in the last year or so"

What a twat.

Tricky_Trev said:
"I'd say I have only been on what I would call decent money in the last year or so"

What a twat.
So he's earning in a week what most would earn in a few years, and that's 'decent money'? They really are so alienated from real life aren't they?

ahaha....oh my.

The "no reason not to take advantage of the situation" comment shows a real lack of respect for the club. And the "I have only been on what I would call decent money in the last year or so" shows the same for the fans. The man is an utter wanker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.