Stephen Ireland Released by Stoke

I loved watching him as a neutral... Definitely something not right

Yep....Him!

I would imagine a psychiatrist could put him on the couch and write a book.

Hope he’s OK long term. Too many people exposing their dark underbelly by topping themselves these days.

Why do millionaire footballers have such abysmal taste in homes? Fuck me! Then again, the Range Rover and A8 were dead giveaways!

You do have a point, they all seem to decorate their houses based on an uneasy mishmash of VIP departure lounge and 1960s Star Trek, though in Ireland's case he threw in a bit of The Royle Family.

Three of the biggest disappointments I have seen at City are Micah Richards, Nicky Weaver and Stephen Ireland.
All of them should have had fantastic careers but never really achieved their potential.

There are others such as Lakey of course but that was down to injury rather than a lack of application.

Oh yes remember he went on an intensive fitness regime after the 8-1 Boro mauling when he said some players were laughing on the coach back.Thought you were inferring maybe he was taking illegal substances

Yeah I definitely wasn't inferring that somehow performance enhancing substances were the cause of his enhanced performances...

I loved watching him as a neutral. I cant work him out at all, even to this day. I read some snippets back in the day he wanted to improve his fitness and stamina. His burst training and non stop cardio away from the club made some big improvements on the pitch. He really was one of the best players in Europe for a season there

I'm sure he was bullied, or some sort of outsider. I dunno if he was an introvert amongst a lot of banter or he was bullied for being a slap head and shy lad. His spending on dodgy items and the granny gate were odd. At least he never conformed to what everyone else does. I'd love to read his biography to see if he sheds any light. Definitely something not right

He was bullied by his RoI teammates, apparently.

I agree that he never reached his full potential , but he gave us Blues some great moments, especially during his partnership with Robinho.

He was bullied by his RoI teammates, apparently.

I agree that he never reached his full potential , but he gave us Blues some great moments, especially during his partnership with Robinho.

Bullied over his hair transplant wasnt he? Some bells pinned him down and tried to pull his 'wig' off. That lead to the "I can't play because my gran has died, no the other one, no, the OTHER one" excuse...and then he shaved it all off and things looked ok for a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.