Stephen Ireland to celtic

Now the dust has settled since his somewhat acrimonious transfer to Villa, I feel a little sorry for Ireland. He genuinely loved the club and was clearly upset at leaving.
I think that's what was behind his petulant rants at the club. He was acting like a teenager who's just been dumped by his first love.
If he had the mental strength he has the ability to be a fantastic player.
I don't think he deserves the hatred he gets from City fans and I for one wish him well.

stony said:
Now the dust has settled since his somewhat acrimonious transfer to Villa, I feel a little sorry for Ireland. He genuinely loved the club and was clearly upset at leaving.
I think that's what was behind his petulant rants at the club. He was acting like a teenager who's just been dumped by his first love.
I don't think he deserves the hatred he gets from City fans and I for one wish him well.

That pretty much sums up my feelings about all things Stephen Ireland.

If this doesn't bring Billy back online, nothing will ;-)

Lomas has a lob on said:
stony said:

That pretty much sums up my feelings about all things Stephen Ireland.

and me. He was a joy that season and a bit, and he hope he finds a club where he feels the love

It wouldnt surprise me if Hughes took a punt on him, certainly played his best football under him. I still think he is a good player Villa just isnt the right place for him under Houlier. He needs a manager that will put his arm around him and tell him how good he is. Mancini / Houlier wont do that, Hughes / Alladyce will. I think he will flourish at Fulham or Blackburn or even Bolton the way they play nowadays

mcfckb said:
It wouldnt surprise me if Hughes took a punt on him, certainly played his best football under him. I still think he is a good player Villa just isnt the right place for him under Houlier. He needs a manager that will put his arm around him and tell him how good he is. Mancini / Houlier wont do that, Hughes / Alladyce will. I think he will flourish at Fulham or Blackburn or even Bolton the way they play nowadays
didn't he blame Hughes for his crap form

stony said:

I agree, I still have my signed Stevie picture on my wall :)

cityboy1 said:
mcfckb said:

Yes he did say he was played out of position, he has since established that the bench is his best position.

Maybe Arsenal will go in for him if he takes a pay cut?

Corky said:
cityboy1 said:

Yes he did say he was played out of position, he has since established that the bench is his best position.

Maybe Arsenal will go in for him if he takes a pay cut?

but would taking a pay cut be worth switching benches

Well he would fit in well with the current Celtic regime, he's got mental health issues too so should accompany Lennon and the rest of the pyur persecuted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.