Stephen Ireland to celtic

He is too good for Celtic. I hope he can settle somewhere and regain his form becuase when he is playing well he is a top player.

stony said:
Now the dust has settled since his somewhat acrimonious transfer to Villa, I feel a little sorry for Ireland. He genuinely loved the club and was clearly upset at leaving.
I think that's what was behind his petulant rants at the club. He was acting like a teenager who's just been dumped by his first love.
If he had the mental strength he has the ability to be a fantastic player.
I don't think he deserves the hatred he gets from City fans and I for one wish him well.

This is spot on. I didn't want Ireland to leave but what he has shown is that he along with Dunne, Petrov, et al just aren't good enough to get us the level we want to be.
I still wish Ireland all the best.

stony said:
Now the dust has settled since his somewhat acrimonious transfer to Villa, I feel a little sorry for Ireland. He genuinely loved the club and was clearly upset at leaving.
I think that's what was behind his petulant rants at the club. He was acting like a teenager who's just been dumped by his first love.
If he had the mental strength he has the ability to be a fantastic player.
I don't think he deserves the hatred he gets from City fans and I for one wish him well.
He did NOT care if we won or lost when sitting on the bench,

Im glad hes gone.

LongsightM13 said:
If he was going cheap, wouldn't surprise me if Bacon face took a punt on him. He really rates him by all accounts

Ooh, who's been in the sharp box today then?

Very amusing.

i ain't gonna slag him of but at the end of the day he was just not good enough not by a long chalk,and so called 1 season wonder weren't even a season,,it was just over half,the way some people on here was building him up was quite frankly embarrassing,and he was so over rated by the media it was unbelievable,and b4 anyone starts,i mean i aint got nowt against him as a person,and i do wish him all the best

LongsightM13 said:
If he was going cheap, wouldn't surprise me if Bacon face took a punt on him. He really rates him by all accounts
The senile old soak also said Silva was sh*te, just after we signed him........need I say more?

mcfckb said:
He is too good for Celtic. I hope he can settle somewhere and regain his form becuase when he is playing well he is a top player.

Good post.

Peronally am gutted it hasn't worked out for Ireland. I like the lad and he gave everything for city when he was playing. However saying that I think mancini must feel vindicated now given the abuse he received in the press for not playing his "best player" (to quote nedum on soccer am).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.